Sunday, April 02, 2006

"Pack yo' $hit!"

I was going to write an entry about how nifty my office looked before I packed it up. I was going to post before and after pictures to illustrate how bare my office looks now.

But I plum forgot and now it's just "after." Since seeing "after" pictures really isn't all that interesting, here are pictures of all my office crap now at home:


I'm changing jobs and I can't move all this "decor" to my new job b/c I'm going to have a cubicle. I'm OK with that. But I'm not OK with all this stuff being at home. Decorating my office and decorating my home are two different things.

That's right folks. The picture to the left is a bamboo curtain of hula dancers. (I've turned it sideways for your convenience.) When I started my job, I couldn't commit to a big as$ framed poster so I thought this was better. It was VERY cool at work (It was! I assure you. Ask Demondoll or Tel, they've seen it.) It made my office a lot brighter and more colorful.


I've learned "kitsch-y" can be pulled off at work as long as there's a theme. Mine was "Hawaiian hula." I had pictures of men and women performing hula and Hawaiian stuff here and there. Now I have no idea where I'm going to put it all.

Also, I bought these frou-frou pillows (in blue, pink and green) because it worked in my office. They matched the fabrics from India I had covering my sterile cabinet and table top. Now these pillows don't make any sense-they are more accessories that don't fit in my home. I've ALREADY bought pictures for the home, neutral pillows for my couch and didn't think to purchase any kind of bamboo curtain because, well, do you need a reason?

But I have a bamboo curtain now.

Well, I like all my stuff enough to not want to sell it or give it away. And after talking to The Man, it appears that most of my office stuff will go into my new home office - also known as "the room with a small desk and nothing else." It was supposed to be my Yoga room. Or The Man's kung fu room. No matter that we haven't done either in that room for the past six months. Now it's where my office crap is put to pasture.

13 comments:

Veronica said...

Like George and Weezi, "You're moving on up!!"

Yeah!! ;)

Couch potato said...

I like the pillows. :)

ElleDee said...

Thanks Pie sisters :)
OK, I have no idea who watches Grey's Anatomy (except for Tater & Sister) so I won't write a whole entry ... just put it in the comments. I am SO EXCITED that Meredith's new love interested is CHRIS O'DONNELL!!!!!! Dammit, they are a cute couple! And dare I say he's prettier than Dr. McDreamy? OK, I may sound obsessed but it's my favorite show! The Man was trying to distract me with his charming manly ways and I pushed him off the couch. "I'm watching here!" (Of course, I made it up to him later. But he only did it b/c he knows it's my favorite show! Men.)

Unknown said...

Your office was fabulously decorated! It felt so homey. :)

Unknown said...

PS - any weird stalkers out there? *wink*

Hopefully they'll be more noticable soon.

Couch potato said...

Yes my boyfriend tried to distract me too and I said "Get away I am missing my show!" It makes them feel loved when you choose Grey's over them. At least I think so.

I think Dr McDreamy is better looking that Chris O'Donnell. What is up with his fuzzy face I don't like facial hair.

ElleDee said...

Normally, I don't either. But YOU KNOW that the writers will NOT let Meredith and Derek get back together until the very very end :( That's just how it is. It's jacked but it's true. So at least Chris O'Donnell is a nice distraction for our dear ittybitty character!

demondoll said...

I missed GA last night :( I like the O'Donnell fine, I wish I had Tivo!
I loved your office. Perhaps once you are settled in, a few art pieces could go up? I know not the hula curtain, but heppas that could be a cool thing for one side of the sliding door, or just by the kitchen door?

Couch potato said...

Karaway- you should totally watch Grey's it is the best show ever. Lulu and DDoll agree it is such a well rounded show, skanks, over achievers, guy's you pick on, Good stuff, good stuff.

Lulu- I don't think they will ever get back together because he is trying to save his marriage. Whatever marriage is over rated he should just date Meredith and be done.

DDoll- Sucks to be you. it was a good show.

demondoll said...

Tivo, dangit I want Tivo!

ElleDee said...

I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. Don't worry, DDoll, you'll catch up. Kara, you need to start watching immediately!

(My friend let me borrow her BBC version of "The Office". Took me about two episodes to decipher the accent. Now I think it's freakin' hilarious. I'm watching Season 2 right now.)

Couch potato said...

Instead of watching you should be sleeping. Sleep is very important. Did you get my email? I sure hope you did because it had my email, phone number and IM address.

ElleDee said...

Maybe you should be concerned. I did not get that e-mail.