Saturday, September 23, 2006

Crotchless panties or spa treatment?

I know, it depends on the gal. But I know my friend and she digs spa treatments more than lingerie. (I'm not knocking it, I'm just sayin'.) We are leaving for Oahu next week for her wedding and, as a bridesmaid, it's one of my duties to make sure she's relaxed. So off we went to Burke Williams!

Today I took her for an awesome pedicure -
"Foot Fantasy - We soak your hands and feet in a special blend of essential oils. Your feet and calves, hands and forearms are cleansed and exfoliated. Then, your tired muscles are gently but firmly massaged, again. Finally, your nails are trimmed, shaped and polished."


While this place doesn't give the best massages, they have plenty of space to lounge around - a quiet room with comfy recliners, a big jacuzzi, and an area that looks like a living room. It's closest thing I've seen in the Bay Area to the wonderful spas in Las Vegas.

We went to Burke Williams bright and early this morning. It was soooo nice. There weren't as many people around so it was very peaceful. In the Manicure/Pedicure Room, there were only three pedicure chairs in the room and, because it was early, my friend and I were the only one clients. What was different from most nail salons is that the pedicurists didn't talk to each other. They were quiet. And that was just wonderful. My friend and I relaxed in peace as our ladies loved our poor feet.

Anyhow, I don't remember her name but my woman was wonderful. (How very man-ish of me.) She gave an awesome foot massage - the kind that makes your feet tingle even after she's done with the massage. And my friend had a great pedicure, too! We were very happy gals when we left. My gift to her before she goes to Hawaii and gets hitched. I like these kind of gifts.

3 comments:

demondoll said...

*sigh of joy*You are the very best type of bridesmaid.
Biskit, you, and Rosalie took me to spa, and I had the works! Pure bliss. (Remember how my "make-over" made me look like Miss Manila 1889? Hahahaha! Still a great day)

ElleDee said...

I think I'm an expert bridesmaid by now!

Anonymous said...

Cyn, you must do a spa treatment w/ Dante immediately!!