Monday, September 18, 2006

Thank goodness it's almost Fall

Knitting* in 80+ degree weather is NOT cozy. It is hot and causes me to have sweaty hands. Ew.
But it was all worth it because ...

Here is a Summer purse:

(A gift for a lucky someone!)

And a scarf when it finally becomes cold. I love the Fall colors.

(It's only half way done. These freakin' reversible cables take for-ever.)

*This is what I do when The Man and I relax and watch 24. Which, by the way, I swear was written by someone who HATES women. The female characters are all helpless and make stupid decisions which annoys me. They make me yell at the TV and I actually wish them death so they are written off the show. My behavior is completely out of my control. The Man is used to my outbursts. Plus, he hates President Palmer's ex-wife. I hear, however, that in Season 2 the women are FIERCE. I am so excited.

6 comments:

demondoll said...

Dangit, those are bee-yoo-tee-ful!
You are such an accomplished knitter. And patient! I haven't yet mustered enough courage to do that scarf...

ps. i received box today. I will wait until MOnday to open, but Boy is impatient.

Auntie Sassy said...

Hurray for knitting! I have also been slacking over the summer, but I need to get a baby blanket done and have just recently picked it up again.

I love that little purse.

ElleDee said...

Sister, you are soo good at waiting! I'm a lot like the boy. "Open, open, open!"

Sassy, thanks for the compliment! The purse was easy but tedious. Good luck with that baby blanket!

VS said...

That purse is hot! People sell that shit for crates of money! Your sis made me a gorgeous winter hat for my birthday and I left it on the subway one day when i had food poisoning and was concentrating on trying not to puke on rush hour commuters. I miss it. The hat, not the food poisoning. She said she'd make me another one. She hasn't. Sometimes I think of my lovely lost hat and I feel a little warmer...

ElleDee said...

I think I remember her talking about the hat when she made it for you. She may make you another one. But will probably have a chin strap so you won't lose it again ;)

demondoll said...

Chin strap! Hahahaha! Will amend hat. Looking for gorgeous shade of aubergine for to match skimpy scarf.

Chin strap!