Friday, September 01, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MAN

The Man is 29 years old today. This is the fourth birthday of his we've celebrated together.

For some reason, we have made it a tradition of celebrating the day of his birth with a big meaty meal. I'm talking some serious meat. Last year, we were in Washington and my Sister and WGD took us to a BBQ place. This year, we went to
Cattlemens and he had a steak bigger than his face.
No, really. It was.

Even though he makes it a point to NOT read my blog (thanks, hon!) I feel that I should honor him because he's such an important part of my life.

This Man has become my best friend. He is so sweet, kind, and very, very funny! I feel privileged because I know most of the world sees him as this quiet, shy and reserved guy. But with me, he's super funny and talks a lot! He is also hot tempered, passionate, and very, very talented. (But he's a bit like
Snuffleupagus - people don't believe me when I describe him to be this way, especially his temper! Like it's a figment of my imagination. How he has you all fooled!) 9/2/06 Addendum: I forgot to add that he is extraordinarily handsome AND goofy. I love that about him. He's one of those "late bloomers" so he's this mix of gorgeous and nerd. He probably wouldn't appreciate that description but he knows I'm right. Sure, The Man has some idea that he's attractive. But his first 17 years of dorkiness keeps him grounded. Suave, he is not. And I love that! He is my Clark Kent.

This Man of mine is a genuinely GOOD person. He is generous, caring, and chivalrous. He would do anything for his family and friends. He still opens the car door for me. He insists on going outside with his Samurai sword when he hears something suspicious (don't ask.) There is no such thing as a perfect person but he is perfect for ME. I am so blessed and thankful that he is in my life. I love The Man with all my heart!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

11 comments:

Couch potato said...

I agree he does look like snufflepagus that is so funny. My man has one of those swords too.
Happy Birthday to the MAN!!

Kim said...

Aw, that's so cute. My Man still open the car door too. Don't you love that?!

ElleDee said...

Tater: I showed him your comment and he said, "I do not!"
But he thanks you for the well wishes :)
Kim: I do, I do, I do.

Veronica said...

Ha! The steak was bigger than his face...? WOW that IS big! hahaha

Happy Birthday Jon-Jon!!!

29...yeah!! Next year he is in his 30's like yours truly!

That is sweet. I love that our men are ready to protect us if they think we are in danger (although I'm hella bigger than Albert, and I can seriously protect myself...it's still sweet.)

I think that the nerd in them (I've heard the stories haha) keeps both our men grounded...although shhhh my hubby still looks nerdish, I love him anyway! hehehe

Veronica said...

Oh, almost forgot...Thank you for my chocolates.

I have been so busy...I'm sorry I forgot to thank you, my sweet, sweet Lulu!

demondoll said...

You know, I never noticed the resemblance before ;)

Seriously, the steak was bigger than his face. But he didn't eat it all- some was sinew or something...

Happy B-Day, G-Unit!

Veronica said...

Hey, give me a new entry too WOMAN!!!

ElleDee said...

Hey! It's been less than a week!!!!
I will write something this weekend. Promise.

demondoll said...

Did the shirt come? I ordered a medium. JK!

ElleDee said...

ARghhh! I'm all tapped out. What should I write about? A little help, please. Topics???

demondoll said...

Post some pix of your beautiful projects.

Or mebbe a pic of your new work domicile. I haven't seen what you've done, yet!

When are you going on your getaway?

Or, there is always Mom.