Friday, February 16, 2007

I learned my lesson

I sent a mass text to my friends, wishing them a Happy Valentine's Day. More specifically,
"Have yourself a happy VD! Hehe, I know."
Just my way of wishing everyone a nice day on a holiday that may not be fun for all.
I got a few, "hee hee, that's funny!" and "Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!" and all that good stuff.
But then I got three or four messages back, asking, "What do you mean?" or "Haha, what?" or "What do you know?!"
So then I thought, "Oh, SNAP. Some of these people may have a little somethin'-somethin' that I don't know about that they now think I know about." I mean, joking about an STD is all fun and good until someone has one. Or maybe not.
So I learned my lesson.
Only joke around about venereal diseases if you are positive the person you are joking with does not have one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a completely different topic, The Man came through and showed me some love at work, even though I wasn't there (I was at an offsite training.) These were on my desk when I came back the next day -


He sent me two dozen red roses and a box of truffles (because this girl loves herself some truffles.)

JonJon, thanks for keepin' the romance alive!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

GOOD GUY!! I had a frined tell me that the romance dies after 5 years of marriage. BS!! Albert knows better. :) He still does good!

demondoll said...

Hurray for romance, WGD got me some roses and See's!

Um, who sent you the "whatchootalkinbout,Willis?" messages?

ElleDee said...

I know, Jon Jon's pretty swell.
Hmmm, as for those messages, one was actually an aquaintance who I THOUGHT was someone else (my friend) who happened to be in my cellphone. (That's what I get for only putting first names!) So happens she is steppin' out on her man. But I'm not supposed to know that. Whoops!

demondoll said...

I really like how The Man knows to send the pretties to work! Smart fella- Back when WGD and I had roomies, he'd come home with the purties. Then when we were on our own, he'd send them to work... nowadays, he comes home with 'em again.

Auntie Sassy said...

What a good boy. Those truffles look too delicious.