Thursday, February 22, 2007

Guess who's growing up?

I went to my parents' house tonight to pick up the pups and my dad says, "Um, I think Piko is menstruating."
"What?"
"I found a couple of drops of blood on the couch cover. I thought that the girls were playing too rough and got cut but they were both fine."
My dad leads me to the couch and shows me the two drops. Then he looks at me and says,
"I think she's becoming a little lady."

Sunuva biscuit! I just scheduled an appointment for them for this Monday for a pre-spay consultation. I called the vet on the way home and asked what I should do.

"Hi, this is Lulu. My pups, Piko and Pili, have an appointment this Monday to make sure they are ready to get fixed. Well, I think Piko got her period so should we still have the appointment on Monday?"

"Yes, then we schedule Piko to get fixed in about six weeks."

"Six weeks? Why so long?"

"She'll have her period for about four weeks and then we need to wait a couple more weeks for the swelling to go down."

"FOUR WEEKS?! Piko will have her period for four weeks?!" (And, evidently, her vagina is swollen.)

OK, so sue me. One of the few things I evidently skipped over in the doggy book. So now I have a menstruating pup. With my beige couch and carpet. Well, something's got to be done.

Who knew they made doggy diapers?

My first time EVER putting on a diaper.

Pret-ty fine work.

10 comments:

demondoll said...

4 weeks?! 4 weeks?! Golly, that's a long time to be...
But I gotta hand it to you, Sister. You did that diapy good-n-tight! And she looks ok with it, so hurray!

Veronica said...

talk about a long ass power week!!
heheh those diapers made me giggle....


This puppy thing is turning out to be GREAT practice ;)

ElleDee said...

How unfair is it to be a dog? My assumption, seeing that one human year = seven dog years, that her period should only last an hour! But no, it's four weeks. Which, while I'm not doing the math, probably equates to a year of period.
How much does that suck?! BTW - I'm calling the obedient school to see if she should go. She's in heat which could rile EVERYONE up.

Couch potato said...

hahaha, that diaper is priceless. That really sucks for her I couldn't imagine and I think 3 days is too long poor piko

ElleDee said...

(Stupid blogger! I just gave a Piko Period update and it erased the whole damn thing. I hate this Beta $hit.)
OK, so now it's going to be much shorter because I'm so irritated by blogger.
The doggie diapers are way expensive so The Man and I found what is a cross between a diaper and underwear. There are these liners you place inside so the liner is the only thing disposed.
They look a lot like panty liners.
The velcro sound freaks out Piko. The whole ordeal, from her swollen vagina to the velcro underwear, seems like torture for poor Piko.
Of course, I will take more pictures. (I want to take a picture of her women part just to show how swollen she is - the Man said she looks like a boy now - but even I have limits.)

demondoll said...

That sounds like a wreck of a week for Piko. Are you going to have Pili fixed before her Power comes?
Poor Piko. I feel for her. (But thank you for not showing us her puppy vajayjay) Please give her hugs for me?

demondoll said...

Oops. 4 weeks. poor baby!

White Ghost Devil said...

Doggie diapers... wow. How does work when she has to do her regular business. Are you changing her like a baby?

I think this is what they invented "outside" for.

demondoll said...

Help me! I can't access any of my comments. *gnashing teeth*

demondoll said...

on my blog, I mean