Sunday, November 11, 2007

Drunk blogging .... it's been a while

I feel a little guilty writing a drunk post after writing such a sincere entry. But the drink posts are far and few between so I'm going to anyway because I am motivated. I am motivated because I like to write about things that happen in my life. Hopefully to laugh about it later and think, "Hahaha, that wasn't funny then but it's funny now."
Here's the thing - the Man went home for the weekend and let me stay in the Bay Area (he usually likes me to go with him.) Around 8:00pm, I decided that I wanted to go out. Sort of. I wanted to go out near by and do something low key. So I called my cousin Rome because he's usually up for a good time. Sure enough, he proposed we go to a restaurant/club and promised it would be low key.
He brings a few friends and we go to this lounge in Fremont. Rome and I go to the bar and I see this girl that looks familiar. For the life of me, I don't know why she looks familiar. Then I realize, "Hey, I think that's my exboyfriend's girlfriend." I tell Rome and he is willing to mosey on over to her and ask. Because I've had one drink and I'm curious. After we get our drinks, we turn around and BAM.
There is my exboyfriend.
I can't explain it. It's not like I have strong feelings for him anymore. It's more like seeing a long lost classmate. That you weren't really friend with. You aren't sure you want to say hi but it's too late because you locked eyes.
Oh SNAP.
Yes, we said hi and we talked for a little bit. In case you've never had this run in let me tell you what it's like. Here is this person you used to love. This person who knew you inside and out a long time ago. But doesn't know you from a bucket of water now. It's strange.
I ended up drinking three more rum-and-diet-cokes. Because, at that time, it felt like the best thing to do when dealing with an awkward situation. A few things to note:
1. I was wearing my wedding ring and he did admire it
2. He introduced me to his girlfriend who I must give props to because she handled meeting an exgirlfriend VERY well.
3. I drank 4 rum and diet cokes total and ended up having to vomit in the restroom (but I somehow mustered up enough grace to clean myself up)
4. Yes, I realize that I'm one foot into the 30s age group and that I should know better. But between my cousin who can drink like a fish and play tennis at 7am the next day and having only a couple of exes so when I run into them, it's kind of shock, I think I can be excused for the party foul.
5. I didn't learn from the last time I drank with Rome that he is way too dangerous for me to party with
6. Enough time has passed that we can actually be friendly and I think this was the first time I wasn't super sarcastic.
It feels like it's been a lifetime since we broke up ... it's been six years. During this time I've always been 100% sure that it was the best thing for us to do, that we needed to break up because we were NOT meant to be.
But hot damn, it's still awkward as hell when we run into each other. Thank goodness for alcohol. Even if I had to flush some of it down the toilet.

10 comments:

ElleDee said...

OK, I see some glaring errors with my grammar but I'm too tired to fix it. So just know that I know that you know and that's that.

C said...

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.....

MAN....you know bumping into the ex at the "right" time could be like the BEST feeling ever! I hope you shined that ring and said "SEEE....LOOK how PERTY!!!!!!" *bateyelashes*

Congrats to handling it well...gosh I wish i was there damnit!

demondoll said...

Ooooh, girrrrl! Congrats to you on being civil. Me, if I saw Snags... well...

And It's been 16 years since I've seen the practice hubby. I think I'd be happy with 16 more.

Kim said...

OK, I was there when the merde hit the fan with Snags. So I'm UBER glad you ran into him and were able to stick your ring under his nostrils! He had it coming. :)

Veronica said...

hehe..wow!

Thank God I have had very few BF too and they live Far, far, far, away....I hope.

I ran into one... months before I met Albert and I said hi (politely)...he insisted I talk to him like we were pals, buddies, chums, and I straight up said, "we are not friends, we will never BE friends so please...I beg you...go away!" He laughed he thought I was kidding...So then I got mean...and said crappy things...and my brother thought I was rude and mean. heheh :)

ElleDee said...

C: Hehehe, someone ELSE heard that I was there and he wished he could have been there too! ;)Man, word really does travel fast (and no, he didn't hear it from me!)
D-Doll: Another 16? How about NEVER. Not that I remember much but I know he was a Good for Nothin'...
Kim: Oh yes, those were some dark days, weren't they? And how did you know I stuck it under his nostrils? It's like you were there :)
Vero: Well, it wasn't a horrible experience, just unnerving. So I hope yours are far-far-far-away, too!!!!

VS said...

I LOVE IT!!! More drunk posts, more!!!

PS...sounds like you handled it fine, porcelain-worship notwithstanding.

C said...

ahahhahahah she said snaggletooth! who is that ELSE huh? damn you would THINK northern Cali is a big place but i guess not!

Couch potato said...

yeah i agree more drunk posts. you are funny.

Anonymous said...

lulu sorry for some bad luck I live in Santa Rosa/Rohnert Park and it is amazing that you run into ex's but thats what they are ex's. good luck and watch that rum.