Saturday, May 24, 2008

THE video

We finally have our wedding video! This was the last piece we were waiting from our photography/videography company and we were so excited to finally receive it. I've been kind of a lazy blogger ... I want to write about our honeymoon because it was our first time in Kauai (and at a five star resort!) but The Man keeps making videos so it's just easier to post those. Of course THIS video is from our videographer. He separated into three parts – highlights, ceremony, and interviews. I won't post the footage from the ceremony because it's about ten minutes long and it's embarrassing for The Man and me to watch. The first clip is highlights from the entire wedding. The whole sha-bang in four minutes – I love that :) The second clip, the interviews, may be interesting to just family members. We asked that people tape messages to us. We had quite a few shy people in the bunch, my parents included, but the folks who did get on the video were really sweet. Be warned, my friends affectionately used the words, "VJJ" and "poon" .. and I didn't expect anything less. (Yes, these were the women I used to say exchange inappropriate words with on a daily basis.) Jon was a little confused on how they used these words. He had thought he understand what they meant but then they used it them in a completely different context. I had to explain that not only are they synonyms for lady parts and replacements for curse words but also terms of endearment. Hehe. Anyway, all messages were all touching and The Man's mom at the end was probably the only one who almost made me cry. About that - the slideshow, the photographs and even the video didn't make me shed a tear. The only reason I can think of is that although I am usually a weeper, the self-conscious side of me was stronger. I couldn't help notice how I sounded, when my make up got smeared, and the unflattering shots where I looked chubbier ... so no crying for me! I'm just a harsh critic of myself which, I think, prevents me from getting completely mushy over anything. Despite that, I have to admit that I am over the moon about everything our photographers and videographer gave us and I am so happy we chose them to document such an important day in our lives. I think The Man looks absolutely handsome and I am just beaming with happiness and love. See? Mushy :)

Wedding highlights:


Interviews:


**Please let me know if it's difficult to view footage on vimeo. The Man likes it because it's a whole lot clearer than YouTube but I don't know if it's a pain to view things. 5/25/08 update: I've gone ahead and changed to YouTube. I can't be having stuff cut out at the end! :P

6 comments:

demondoll said...

Dave and Co. rock!!!! What great wedding vids!
And Sister, you look so beautiful, no worries about tears and such- it just shows how much it all meant to you :-)
xoxoxoxo

demondoll said...

I don't think it's Vimeo- but my computer gets mad around the last minute of each videos (doesn't matter how long the actual footage is, it's just the last minute)- then I have to wait for the old girl to regain some memory.

Veronica Milan said...

Same here...the video stalls at the very end :)

LolaDiana said...

omg... LizaDawn you look so beautiful! Pristine and lovely. I did worry a bit when you were in your dress in the waves (lol) since I had been following the dress saga with baited breath from the first.


on another subject...
Marsh looks really hot. Well done ddoll. Apart from the fact that he gave the videographer a framing heart attack, he looks good and healthy and way cute. and TJ is a Beaut!!! Curly hair?!?!?! and Ddoll.... is there a headshot in the attic? You havent changed a skosh
xoxoxoxoxo

demondoll said...

Why, thank you Lola! He's older and wiser, but still such a WGD;-)
(The Boy's hair is just unruly- and I mean a life of its own!)

C said...

okay you have to stop making me cry. that was SO beautiful!!!! I feel like I missed out on the party of the century!