Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I did it! And it felt SO GOOD!

I didn't know a diplomatic way of deleting folks on my Facebook. Or what to use as the cut off point. I mean, sure, keep the family and good friends, of course. And, of course, there are people I would obviously delete for good reasons. But what about all those in between people? Like the high schoolmates I haven't seen or talked to in over 12 years? Wouldn't I have to keep all since they ran in the same circle? And I didn't DISlike the guy I only talked to a few times over 10 years ago because of my ex-boyfriend. But I also don't anticipate ever carrying on a conversation with him. Ever. What to do?
I started ALL OVER. I didn't discriminate - I deleted ALL my friends. And now I know.
I don't have to accept everyone. I also don't have to seek out every single person I ever ran into in my 30 years. (Umm, it goes w/o saying, if you have access to this blog, I certainly WANT to be connected to you.) I was tired of being a Pokemon and I was disgusted w/ the fact that I was a Pokemon collector myself. I sure as hell don't talk to 143 people in an even somewhat-moderate basis.
I have to say, it feels pretty darn good to start a new!

4 comments:

mrs. A said...

I did the same thing... my rule was if that "friend" never wrote on my wall or sent me a message that was had more than a "hello!" attached to it, they got the delete.

I had people who added me "just because" we met once at an event or "just because" we went to high school together. But, why would I want those people to know what I'm doing, or where I'm going??

Good for you LD! :)

ElleDee said...

Oh girl, you just described me! I did ALL that. I added just about everyone.
Thanks for the little cheer!!!

demondoll said...

I'm still giggling over Pokemon :-D

Veronica Milan said...

I agree. You can get causght up with the "must add every school mate" attitude and it sucks.