Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On a completely different note ...

I evidently have panic attacks. And NO, it's not self-diagnosed, I sought out a professional!
Working for the company that I do, I am very aware of my health, specifically my heart. For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting mild chest pains at night. It would happen when The Man and I are laying in bed, watching television. It felt abnormal, but I would forget about it in the morning thus forgetting to make an appointment. I would then remember at night.
Two days ago, I began to have these pains and shortness of breath in the morning while driving. It certainly served as a big ass reminder that I meant to see my physician. I decided to call Kaiser to make an appointment. Yesterday I saw my physician. She said that if it was a heart problem, my breath wouldn't coincide with my palpitations. The doc still requested an EKG and blood work.
Got the results and everything looks A-OK.
WTF - Panic Attacks?
Before I went to the lab, the doctor and I discussed this and she said that even though I'm not more stressed than normal, I could still have them. I am grateful that I'm not a walking time bomb and about the keel over and have a heart attack. But I kind of feel like a fraud. I mean, what the hell am I panicking about? Luckily, they aren't affecting me in any way other than mild chest pains and needing to catch my breath at times. But I hope they go away. Because, seriously, What The Hell?!

2 comments:

demondoll said...

I'm so glad it isn't your heart!!!!

I went to the doc a few years back because I was sure I was on my way to a heart attack. Dr told me I'm prone to heartburn.
whew!

compree

C said...

hmmmm....well i hope you find an alternative to those panic attacks. I think you just diagnosed what I've been having all month.

but, then again, i've been eating really bad food.