Saturday, January 03, 2009

Just had to add my favorite 2008 exchange w/ my husband, Jon

Me: "Hon, did you grow up on a farm or a ranch?"
Jon: "A house! Would you quit trying to make me sound Country?!"
Me: "OK, fine. Where did you play when you were growing up?"
Jon: "On a ranch."
I just stared at him until he started cracking up.
Mmm-hmm.

Although I tease him, I keep telling him that I'm being affectionate when I call him my Country Boy. He was proud of his dad's ranch and *shhhhhh, don't tell him* I actually think it's really cool that he's Country. It's different from my Ghetto Suburbs background. And when I think of "Country" I think of this -



But I think HE thinks that I'M thinking of this -

2 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

Funny huh? Albert grew up in "MAD-town" sounds so ghetto!

demondoll said...

Hey! Did you get those pictures from my county fair?!

;-)