Sunday, January 01, 2012

What's a new year without a little resolution?

Some things I want to do or be in 2012.

I resolve:
- to be more loving, patient, helpful and generous to my loved ones.
Boy, this one is a doozy because it's general but it's asking a lot! I try my hardest to be all these things but, sometimes, I think I get too lazy or selfish. This means being a better wife, mother, sister, relative, and friend. I think I also want to extend it to those I don't necessarily love but deserve a better: employer, employee and even acquaintance. Such a tall order.
- to be in the moment and make time for those that I love.
Kind of similar. Time flies by so fast. LIFE just passes by in the blink of an eye. Now that I have a child, I see how the days, weeks and years just slip away. While I want to be in e moment and enjoy the now, it's a fine and difficult balance to also make sure I make the effort to be with all those that I love and appreciate. Because we aren't all here forever.
- to get to my goal weight!
Yah, yah. What would be a resolution without this? Well, I'm roughly 5 lbs away. I've lost 15 lbs (give or take 2 from "holiday happiness") and want to get to goal weight by THIS MONTH. Will power with food is not my strong point but I'm resolving, dammit!
- go to the Philippines either this year or next.
I have so much family there and haven't been for a visit since 2006. Entirely way too long ago. I've gotten married and have had a baby since then. My parents (shoot, everyone!) has gotten older and it means so much for my folks to have me & my family accompany them to the Philippines.
- stop being a weenie when it comes to The Bun.
I just blogged about this in my last entry. I worry about upsetting the delicate balance we have in our household. I don't like to go places if it means disrupting the Bun's sleep (if you lacked sleep for a year, you know why this is so important.) But I want to live life too. I don't want to make decisions because I'm scared of the unknown. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be reckless but to be "in the moment", I can't be scared. So, among other things, I want to travel with The Bun and not worry about how stressed I will be or if it's just better to stay at home than do things w/ her. Moms before me and after me have done it so why can't I? Plus I really really want to visit Sister. I miss her.

I'm sure there is more but this is quite a lot. I mean, the first one is a life long process! But I will try. Because my hippie self wants to be about love, gratitude, generosity and patience. And more yoga. Yup, I am SUCH a Californian:) HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

jen said...

On the travel part, YOU CAN DO IT! :) yes, it's an adjustment for everyone (especially sleeping in 1 room in a hotel) but it's fun to give the kiddos a chance to see something new (even if they won't remember it tomorrow). I'm happy with our decision to take K everywhere we go - so far it's been a good ride - just with a crap-ton more baggage :) (suitcases, stroller, car seat - haha)