Monday, August 28, 2006

Sweet Mary, Mother of Pearl ...

I plum forgot, dear Blogger ...
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
Last month was our one year. Forgive me, I was a complete as$hole. No flowers, no chocolates, not even an e-card.

I've made it a point to never blog about anything too personal. I usually judged that by what would get me in trouble.
Sometimes, I don't use my best judgement.
But overall, I think I've been pretty good.

I adore this little online journal because:
1. I'm able to vent. And most of the time, get some validation.
2. It's easy to keep in touch with Sister and friends. The daily grind and sheer laziness make it hard for me to stay in touch. Thanks to this blog, it's a lot easier. And entertaining!
3. I made new friends. For instance, the Milan sisters! And dear Karaway, wherever you are.
4. I'm still writing. Now that I'm out of school, I hardly ever write anymore. And while this is a far cry from academic writing (not that I'm knocking you, my fair Blogger) it keeps my mind stimulated. And that's always nice.
5. Hours and hours of browsing. It can be a good and bad thing but when it's late at night, and I can't sleep a wink, Blogger is there to keep me company until I was tired enough to "shut down."

So Blogger, thank you. Can you believe a year and one month ago we started with this? Happy Anniversary!

9 comments:

ElleDee said...

Oh yes, I also like Blogger b/c I can ask questions.
1. Where do you guys buy contacts? I just bought them from 1-800 contacts and I just want to know if there is a place giving a better deal. Leading to my next eye related question ...
2. I belonged to Kaiser before. Now I have an HMO. Does that mean I can only go to the eye doctor's they suggest?? I would like to go to Costco (their optometrist and eye center for contacts and glasses) b/c they are pretty reasonable. Will my HMO (Cigna is my provider) not pay for that?
Thanks guys!! I'm new to this unKaiser-related health insurance.

Veronica said...

I will complete my year on the man's b-day. hehehe
Oh, which reminds me, the hubby asked me to ask you...what is jon-jon into these days..?

demondoll said...

Happy anniversary!
I think Costco accepts all sorts, but call them first-

BTW Sister! We should be getting into town Thursday afternoon- The boy is very excited to see you, as are WGD and I. What are we doing??? I hope something superfun...

ElleDee said...

Kung Fu, paintballing (though we haven't done it lately) and home repairs.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary, indeed! ;-)

VS said...

That's so sweet! You're going to make the rest of us look bad. I can just hear my Blogger in about ten months time: "No flowers, no chocolates, not even a card! I'm nothing but a cluster of megabytes to you! You just use me, hit enter and throw me away!"

Veronica said...

OHHH!!! Can we come this weekend too and call it a party!!??

ElleDee said...

You should totally pack up your car right now and head on over. I'll even stock the fridge up with HubbiePie's favorite beer. JonJon would be over the moon if you guys came by.

ElleDee said...

We can just leave baby with beers ... he'll amuse himself ;)