Monday, January 01, 2007

Hot damn, it's 2007!

It's so cliche but, really, where did the time go??
I noticed that around this time, people get this itch for change. Maybe it's because it's ingrained in us to have resolutions at the beginning of each year, to change something about us for the better. Or for what we perceive to be for the better.
Hey, I'm not knocking it - I feel it, too.
Of course, there are the norms like weight, exercising more, so on and so forth. I won't bore you with those because OF COURSE I would like to lose 15 lbs, of course I would like to dedicate more time to yoga or exercise. But here are the things that I really want to take care of during my 28th year:
1. Buy a home
2. Find my professional home and excel
3. Be more patient and understanding with those I love most
4. Rise above the pettiness and gossip (excluding celebrity)
I could go on and on if I tried but those are the big ones.
On something completely unrelated, Sister has inspired me to want to decorate my home with Christmas cheer. Of course, I know it's too late but I'm seizing the opportunity to get as much 50% off Christmas Cheer I can get my mitts on! Hurray for Michael's, Cost Plus World Market and Longs Drugs. I have two wreaths, a bunch of ornaments and stockings for everyone in the house, even the puff balls! The Man thinks I'm a wee bit nuts but doesn't try to stop me (which is good because I've picked up a bad biting habit from Piko and Pili.) Speaking of which ...
I hope that you have a fantastic start to 2007 and you didn't wake up looking like this -

Can you believe they sleep like this? They look like they've had a rough night.

15 comments:

demondoll said...

Sister you are so on the ball!Now is the perfect time to get X-Mas stuff, as opposed to Nov and Dec when the prices are jacked (also when I get caught). I haven't been to Michael's or Cost Plus since, and I know they have the great deals... Check out Mervyn's, they had some cute, cute stuff last year. Also Target. But you already knew that, dincha?
xoxoxo

Veronica said...

Yeah!! Does this mean you have a new computer!!?

Couch potato said...

This is the time that I get my decorations they have the some cute stuff at Gottschalks and Macy's and its so cheap like 70% off. And girl there ain't shit left at Target everybody and their mother tapped that place.

demondoll said...

I will go to Macy's tomorrow!

ElleDee said...

Sister - not all the ball. Copying you! But imitation is the highest form of flattery. People, my sister and WGD's home looked like it should be in Better Homes & Gardens- it was so cute with Christmas cheer. (Well, the thing I envied most was a wooden image of the nativity scene but I can't help it, it's my Filipinoness lovin' on everything wooden!)
Pooks - Alas, no. (Read the comments to the entry prior.) But The Man may have found a solution! He swears he found out it's easy to fix. It doesn't require sautering like he initially thought so he bought something online that will hopefully fit. Fingers crossed!
Tater - We don't have a Gottchalks. I forgot all about Macy's! When I was growing up, our mom used to get awesome deals on X-mas stuff after the holidays. I plum forgot!
Our Target still has some good stuff but the thing I wanted most and had been eyeing all season long were those festive light blue snowflake dishes. I was hoping they would go on sale but I think those were all hijacked as soon as people got a WHIFF of an after X-mas sale. And they aren't online either :(

Couch potato said...

oh that is too bad I really wanted this disney holiday classics thing and I didn't get it so after Christmas I went to all 5 targets in the area and they were all gone. But then I checked online and there I already got it in the mail and it was on sale online so it cost the same thing to buy online and have shipped. Wonderful.

demondoll said...

I remember Disney has some extra cute ornaments and holiday decor:)

ps- those dogs look drunk! They are just too cute, you want to cuddle them right thru the computer!

Veronica said...

HAHA! I read the comment on the last entry.

Tell the man he is JUST like Albert. If the hubby cannot buy the item...he goes ghetto.

Must be the Madera in them. ha!! :)

Kim said...

There's a condo for sale in my complex...

byuym

demondoll said...

Buy condo!!! Wait, is JJ set on Fremont?

Kim said...

I wouldn't blame him...we want to move back to Fremont eventually. I love that city! But it was so expensive for what was available when we were looking for places to buy. Maybe now that the market is bad, it will be better...

Kim said...

P.S. We do have a Gottschalk's, it's in Danville!

demondoll said...

I've seen Gottschalks around, but never have been inside. Is it nice?

Couch potato said...

its like a cheaper version of Macy's they have a lot of the same brands. Like Hurley, Volcom, Roxy and Paul Frank all my fav brands. And like I said they have really cute Fitz and Floyd stuff for really cheap.

demondoll said...

I'm there. Fred Meyer carries some of those brands too. I love Fred Meyer, groceries and jeans- one stop shopping!