Friday, January 12, 2007

I was mad but now I'm OK.

I love my computer! I just had to say it again. Told you I'd write more if I had my baby back!

The Man is the best. He is a best friend, a girlfriend (he hates that but it's true! I sometimes catch myself treating him like one. I even said, "Girrrrrlll!" once - he was not amused) a handyman, and a great boyfriend. Can you tell a big fat complaint is going to come up??
He presses snooze. A lot. Just keep that in mind while I tell my story . Also keep in mind that we have been very lucky. Piko and Pili now sleep through the night. We figured out that they were waking up in the middle of the night because they were too hot so we placed them in the coldest part of the bedroom (I guess their shared bodyheat is good enough.)
Anyway, The Man's alarm went off this morning. Bam, he hits the snooze. OK. It goes off again. Bam, he hits snooze. All right, it must be about 5:00am because I've learned from living this every work day that a couple minutes after he hits it for the second time, my alarm goes off and it's time to get up.
I go to the pups' crate and start to take them out to take them to the pee pads. The Man asks, "What are you doing?"
What am I doing? I'm being nice. I'm taking the freakin' dogs to the pee pad. But I say, "I'm getting them up."
He says, "Look what time it is."
People. It is 3:30am.
3:30AM!
"What?!" I reply. Then I remember. He has to be at work by 5:00am today. Maybe I'm being irrational because I'm tired. But I. Am. Pissed.
I take them to the pee pads because OF COURSE they have to pee now that I've woken them up.
I bring them back to the bedroom, but them back in the crate and crawl into bed. The Man puts his arm around me and I'm so heated that I'm actually HEATED and tell him to please remove his arm because I'm hot. And I basically toss and turn for another hour and a half.
Now, and I mean at 6:20am now, I am not pissed. We make booboos and he didn't mean to wake me up. But by golly -
I'M GOING TO BREAK THAT DAMN SNOOZE BUTTON IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN.
---------------------------------------------
Later that same day: Guess what The Man done did?! He send me a dozen roses at work just to thank me and let me know he appreciated me. (It's been kind of rough week, in general, for both of us with work and the pups.)
Awww ...I'm still keeping this post :)
But they are beautiful. What a great guy.

These are what he actually sent me.

11 comments:

demondoll said...

Studies prove that the snooze button actually DOES NOT HELP you wake up gently. Nor does it truly improve one's mood upon waking. You get better sleep (and fewer beatings from spouse) if you simply set the alarm at the $%&@ correct time.

In other words, I am with you.

Veronica said...

haha...You had me busting up. The man and hubby are twins. I'm convinced it's the Madera water or something...
Hubby does the SAME damn thing. Drives me nuts. When I was waking with baby every 2 hours..I used to HATE his clock and his HAND even more. That snooze button would wake me, because I was so sensitive to sound and at times baby would wake too...grrr..I'm getting mad just thinking about it. ;)

I treat hubby like a girlfriend too. I have never called him girl...but done worse..sometimes I forget...it's weird. Once I was talking about "power-week" and I said, "you know how you feel when your bloated and cramping." Ha! he was like, "NO." Ooopsie!

Karaway said...

Hey girlie girl! :)

Couch potato said...

Great some of the wonderful things I have to look forward to. But I have to say I do that too I actually set my alarm for 5:35 and 5:40 and at 5:35 I say well at least I still have 5 mins to rest. hehe

Veronica said...

Look whose back!!??

We missed you Karaway.

Kim said...

Ryan does the same thing, but I have actually learned to sleep through his alarm. Which is weird, given that a feather falling on the ground could wake me up.

Hehe, Cyn...I do remember those Holly days. Oh, and the night her BF called her cell phone 100 times while we were trying to sleep and she was "hanging out" with podiatry guy... Speaking of which, hey Lulu: Remember when we duct taped that incriminating photo to the podiatry guys' front door before school was over? Hee hee. :0)

ElleDee said...

Sister - you've shared this with me. I shared this with The Man. He chooses to ignore.
Cyn - I remember Holly. I can't believe how nice you were to her. Now that I know you much better, I'm shocked she got away with all of that without a severe tongue lashing!
Pookie - I read to The Man what you wrote. He wasn't amused. He also wasn't aware that I wrote about his snooze problem - thus the lack of amusement :)
Karaway - holy smokes, you're back!!! Hurray! I hope you stick around for a good long time.
Tater - You are a snooze culprit, too?! Oh no. Oooohhh nooooo.
Kim - Of course I remember all of THAT, too.

demondoll said...

Those are some PURTY flowers! He's a nice guy :)
Karaway is back!
Is this Holly the infamous roomate?

demondoll said...

I just went to your dogster site. Your dogs are nasty. Adorable as all get out, but that is just wrong.

ElleDee said...

He is pretty wonderful. And he corrected me. It was TWO dozen roses.
(You know why he sent them to me? He said that it seems like I've been down lately - OK, depressed - and he wanted to cheer me up.)
I love him so.

Karaway said...

Those are gorgeous flowers. I love you, Lulu, but don't call THE MAN your girlfriend to his face. lol