Sunday, January 07, 2007

My life has gone to the dogs

To be fair, so has The Man's.

A lot of people have told us that Piko and Pili are good practice for having a kid. And we know that it's not the same - you can't put your child in a baby-gated kitchen when you need a moment's peace. Well, you could, but it wouldn't be well received. Anyway, these people are right - puppies are good practice. We wake up in the middle of the night if we hear our dogs because they have to a deed. Or two.

And so much more.

Just today The Man commented how our lives have really changed. We gave up our partying ways a long time ago (2001 was a good year. And for those that partied right along side me/us, you know what I'm talking about.) But we used to do a few things that I miss -
I miss sleeping in.
I miss being able to go on a day outing on a whim - we used to go to Monterey, Capitola or Santa Cruz.
I miss leaving for an errand and not worrying if I did a few things and came home several hours later.
I miss having a kitchen with no baby gates.
I miss going out at night and not worrying that there will be poo or shredded peepee pads when we return.
I miss being able to work out in the morning.

I miss a full night sleep. And naps on the weekends.

Well, we knew what we were getting into when we got a dog (not so much when we got the second but that's OK - it's pretty much the same.) And we wouldn't trade our little puff balls for anything in the world (Well, The Man might - he really had his heart set on a doberman but it's doubtful only because he really has fallen in love with Piko and Pili.) So while I do miss all these things, I adore our puppies. But I cannot wait until they are housetrained!!!!Little brats. And I mean that affectionately.

4 comments:

demondoll said...

My heart goes out to you, Sister! Those early days are ruff- oops- rough.I fondly remember the days when I left the Boy in his swing just so i could do the dishes;)
As soon as the P sisters are trained, your schedule will be much freer! And even better, trained dogs can go on day trips! Cats, not so much...

Kim said...

True, but I like cats because they're very self-sufficient. We leave them at home and they're fine, although there IS the occasional mysterious-empty-tin-of-Pit'r-Pats. ;0) Here's to swift housetraining...and hey, my cats have the same little bed!

demondoll said...

Too ttrue- cats are self-sufficient. Ours can't jump high anymore, so we just put all the treats up about two feet(meanies).

See, now I gotta get Murphy a little bed. That he won't use. I'll set it next to his wicker cat post and his two sheppskin pads!

Veronica said...

I totally understand!!!