Saturday, March 03, 2007

Meat Fest

Or Man Fest.
It was kind of the same thing.
My friend, Maria, asked me if I wanted to help her with a fund raiser. It was for a service club in Half Moon Bay. I believe the event was actually called, "Wild Game Feed." There was all sorts of meat (if you can shoot it, fish it or stick an arrow through it, it qualified as wild game.) This was the club's second time doing this annual event as it was a big hit last year. There would be tons of meat, alcohol, a couple of Bud Girls, games to win raffle tickets (one of the games was what I would be running) and, best of all, the raffle prizes were all guns.
"Sign me up!" I told Maria.
I know, it certainly doesn't sound my thing. But I was intrigued about the array of meat (I'm not big on steak but I love me some chicken and fish) and I've never had wild boar before.
What. I haven't.
I pretty much knew what to expect because Maria described to me how last year's event had gone. I wasn't surprised by the amount of fatigues and flannel that were worn. I wasn't surprised that there were a lot of trucks with rifle racks parked outside. And I definitely wasn't surprised when I went to the bathroom and there were Bud Girls getting ready and, when overhearing their conversation (I was in a stall, doing my business, so can you really judge me?) heard one of the girls saying, "Well, she is pretty smart for being a exotic dancer."
I'm making it sound bad, aren't I? Actually, those were the things that made me laugh. (And the BGs were dressed in appropriate black cocktail dresses with plenty of cleavage but decent skirt lengths.) It wasn't bad at all. In fact, all the guys were so nice. There were a sprinkle of woman in the room but it really was a Man Fest. They were more behaved than a bunch of college guys (some were VERY enthusiastic about the BGs but that was to be expected) and they just wanted to eat meat, drink beer and gamble for raffle tickets to hopefully win the big guns!
I had tons of fun running the craps table. The men teased each other ("Want to blow on my dice?" "What?! Blow this, a$$hole!") and made me laugh. They were dropping $20s like it was nobody's business and totally fine with it because it was, after all, a fund raiser. Plus, they were plenty liquored up. The men were respectful (I don't mind cussing as long as it's not AT me so I thought they were gentleman-like.) I, also knowing before hand that there would be Bud Girls, dressed in my most sexiest outfit - a sweater, a big cardigan over that, work slacks, and no-nonsense heels. Purrrrrr.)
I bet you're wondering, "But what about the meat?" I tried wild salmon, buffalo meat balls, deer and finely sliced don't-remember-the-animal tongue. It was suprisingly tender and not chewy at all.
I think I'll sign up to volunteer again next year.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Ha! I loooove meat. I'm more of a chicken kinda girl.
Glad you had fun. :)

Albert's uncle owns a local radio station and at times he needs help with local Fresno--carshows.

Oh, boy! That is so much fun..hehe I laugh at the type of people who attend such carshows.
Especially those girls that love the attention from all the cholos looking for some *ahem*. The guys straight up hound all the hoochies. They say things like, "Damn girl...you look fine in that____!"
I also love those gross smelling girls...the ones that should wash their coochie...BEFORE they put on those mini-mini-skirts. HA! Sick girls!

demondoll said...

Oh, Sister! You know how I love the meats.
I like fund-raisers, especially when the rich kick down for a good cause. And btw, that sounds like a mighty sexy twin-set you were wearing ;) Mama always said you were a wise girl :)

demondoll said...

Sister, I know you must have news of your life... any kind. Like how's your week been, how excited you are about my visit, when we'll be going to the knitting store...
I mean, please post.
xoxoxo
In Ever Admiration
Your loving Sister