Monday, March 26, 2007

Odds and ends

I should have posted more having all this time off. But time has really flown for me! I've finally been able to do some of the chores/errands/shopping/maintenance (and yes, pampering) I've put off for nearly a year! I've also had some major quality time with the pups, been able to lunch with some friends, and, best of all, have some Daddy time! My dad and I have been meeting up in the mornings and going on walks with Piko and Pili. I really missed having Dad time when I took my last job.
Oh and I love sleeping in! Even if it just means 6:30am! I used to have to wake up at 5:00am. Phooey!
Of course, I also have time to think about trivial things. For instance, TV. Now, if you know me at all, you know that I studied television so it's really not that trivial at all. But I'm not talking about news, I'm talking about guilty pleasures. The shows that make me laugh, feel good, and forget about my reality. Like -
Grey's Anatomy: What the HELL is happening to this show?? Seriously. Seriously? Seriously! Izzy and George? The boringness that is Meredith and Derrick's love life? The lukewarm sexual tension between Karev and Addison? And enough with this whole Chief crap! Where are the great scenes with the Nazi? Give us back the Nazi!
Needless to say (but I'm still going to say or at least write it,) I am falling out of love with Grey's Anatomy and they are truly testing the patience of this fan. I want the smart writing and acting back!
The Office: Oh, how I love this show! Jon and I watch the DVDs from previous seasons and we just laugh and laugh. I think Jim and Dwight are the best odd couple. The boss uncomfortably reminds me of a terrible boss I had a few years back and the dreariness of the lame office parties and morale boosters remind me of a former job. But they make me laugh about it!
American Idol: Talk about a guilty pleasure. I was never interested in the previous seasons and, to be quite honest, I only watched because Jon enjoyed watching the auditions. (Those auditions are so painful for me. I am one of those strange people that get embarassed for others, especially when the person is not aware of the fact he/she is making an ass of himself/herself. I will fidget, blush and get really uncomfortable watching. Many times I need to walk away.) But now I am hooked and am 99% sure I will watch until the very end. But it is killing me that Sanjaya and Haley are STILL on the show. Or, as Jon and I affectionately call them - Sanjina and Snow White.
OK, I should really be packing. But because history repeats itself and I have embraced my procrastination tendencies, I will futz around until 10:00pm (because I HAVE to get back into
24 - it's killing Jon that I've been a lazy fan) and then start packing. I am going to see Sister, WGD and The Boy!

7 comments:

V said...

Yep about Grey's... Izzy and George? WTH? And I LOVE The Office - it is SO hilarious. My husband bought me the bobblehead Dwight! ;)

Couch potato said...

I was really disappointed with Grey's too I thought it was going to be a great new episode and it sucked. Sanjaya yeah he is so gay.
Oh Lulu thanks for the advice it worked like a charm.

Kim said...

Wow, this is the first time I've seen you write "Jon" and not "The Man"! Anyway, hahaha...Ryan and I call Sanjaya "Manjina." ;0) And I LOVE The Office! It kills me that it's on at the same time as 30 Rock, Scrubs and Ugly Betty, though...the DVR can only record 2 things at a time, and unfortunately, we haven't caught The Office in a while. :0(

BTW...watch Amazing Race All-Stars on Sunday, there's a midget who falls over while wearing a suit of armor!

bzirjdd

ElleDee said...

Cyn - Excellent! I LOVE that comment about the Diana Ross song. Did you notice that it looked like she gave them each maybe three minutes of her time (yes, I know that there is editing and all that good stuff but I think she really breezed through the contestants. She wore the same outfit and looked pretty much the same for all their meetings) and all of them had to address her by "Miss Ross"??? G'one you Diva you!
Frog Happens - Hello! Thanks for visiting! YOu have a Dwight bobblehead?! You have a fantastic husband. And I am jealous of the bobblehead.
Taters - Sister is boycotting the show but I can't bring myself to do so. Yet. Sanjina, bless his little heart. I hope he comes out quicker than Clay. (Glad you came out smelling like roses. And what you did is truly a nice thing!)
Kim - Yes, Jon is The Man! Manjina - that's from the 40 Year Old Virgin ;) Oh, you should really try to catch the Office again. You know the greatness that is Dwight and Jim!

demondoll said...

Sanjina lives near my in-laws. And I thought he was already out? I mean, is he the only one who doesn't know? (Cyn, you are killing me!)
I am over Greys. I will catch up on gossip, but I can't watch my George be such an ass. And I love Karev, but I would have chopped Izzy's hair off by now.
I LOVE the Office!
That is all.

Veronica said...

I love AI hubbs and I watch religiously.

demondoll said...

Sister and I went out last night with the girlz and mentioned "Sanjina." Yes, the crowd went wild, and Sanjina is the fixture in PT.