Friday, March 30, 2007

Stompin' around with the babe in the boonies

OK, more like leisurely strolling with my sister, WGD, and The Boy.
I can't believe it's my last full day here in Port Townsend. I've been here since Tuesday (OK, well, on Tuesday we were actually out gallivanting in Portland, Oregon and then made our way back to Port Townsend around 2:00am on Wednesday.)
We have been going to the gym (wahooo!) and all about town. I love her town! There are so many cute cafes, yarn stores, fun shops and very cool consignment stores. I'm a fan of the cute cafes. Although Sister and I must always partake in dessert because I love me some dessert, we have also been eating oatmeal, salads and turkey sandwiches. [Sidenote - I have gained a significant amount of weight from my former job and need to relearn how to eat healthily. I am certain that it is in my best interest to go back to WW. That and Tel did her best to convince me to get back on the wagon - she said I can call her when I have a weakness for Snickers. I am set to sign up for the WW when I get back to the Bay Area so I can no longer be a five foot heiffer.]
Anyhow, today is my last full day in Port Townsend. Tomorrow we head back to Seattle where my plane takes off around 7:00pm so we have all day until about 5:00pm to explore. I think we're going to hit the outlets, too. Ohhhhh snap. I love visiting Sister and her family. Her town is truly like a vacation destination and they always make me feel so welcome. Her friends are pretty cool, too :)
And then on Monday ... I start my new job!
PS: My sister is on CLOUD NINE because when we visited a consignment shop owned by a halfee Filipino, he looked at my sister and inquired, "Are you part or full Filipino?" (completely ignoring me - I don't think he figured out we were related yet.) Then when she explained that she was full Filipino, he said, "You have the generic Filipino look." (We think he meant, "general.") She was soooooooooooooo excited that he singled out her and not me. Later, he asked if I had any Filipino in me. I stated that, I too, was full Filipino. To my sister's glee, he seemed surprised.
She asked me to include this.

2 comments:

demondoll said...

I loooooove when you visit! I had so much fun, and can't wait to see you again!


ps- perhaps he meant more genetic? geriatric?

demondoll said...

Say, how has your work week been thus far? I'll bet you are wowing them!