Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Our baby girl

Last Friday did not go according to plan (details are on the puppies' page - I told you not to judge.)

Piko will be getting spayed next month. The vet said her mammary glands are too swollen. That's right, her boobies are too big right now.

Pili, on the other hand, got it from every direction. She not only got spayed but she got three of her baby teeth pulled and a biopsy because of a tiny bump on her back.

I expected this:

OK, let's not be shy -
But what the F*CK is this?! -


She looks like she was in a battle! The bump was half the size of a tic-tac. How did it merit a scar like that?! Especially when her other scar was practically invisible! Did they let an intern do this one? A rightee wanted to practice using his left? WTF?

The Man and I weren't the only ones concerned, Pili's aunt and her grandparents were worried. My folks wanted me to put a bandage but decided it would probably rip out her fur. Pili can scratch the cut with her hind leg so the head cone wouldn't work. I ended up buying her a shirt because it would cover the wound and prevent her from scratching.

Pili is now sportin' this -

If you look carefully, you will see that the shirt matches her collar
(there are little rhinestone hearts!)

Isn't that cute?! I tried to find a red shirt but the only thing small enough to fit her was this here pink shirt with a red heart.

The Man took it well when he came home from work and saw Pili's new outfit. How could he resist? (But we won't see him walking her with this shirt on.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daisy sends her well wishes to Pili. Poor thing! We no longer go to Central because they were not much help with her allergies. Let us know when you guys are going to the Lake. Daisy would love to see her cousins again. XOXO

ElleDee said...

Thanks cuz!
What vet do you go to now?
We will definitely let you know when we go to the lake. The girls LOVE themselves some Daisy! And I enjoy talking to another human ;)

demondoll said...

Poor baby. Is she still weaving when she walks?
I think I have that t-shirt in human size.
Please give both girls kisses from me!

demondoll said...

I just showed The Boy your doggies' pix, and he said-
Pili is so close to Piko there. Shouildn't she be biting her?

Hahaha!

Kim said...

Yikes! Hope they heal soon.

Have you checked out the pet food recall? Not sure if you feed the girls wet food, but if so, check it out at http://www.menufoods.com/recall/Press_Recall_03162007.htm.

ElleDee said...

Sister - The Boy is so perceptive! Yes, usually Pili would be chomping on some part of Piko. That was one of the rare occasions captured on camera :)
Kim - Thanks for looking out! The girls eat dry food (when they do eat dog food - they have bamboozled their grandparents into giving them people food.) But I can't say anything because it's free puppysitting!

Auntie Sassy said...

Oh! Poor little cupcake! She does look awfully cute in her little outfit though...so I guess there is that.

How is she doing now?

Anonymous said...

We go to Fremont Animal Hospital - it's near the daycare. Dr. Hogan is AWESOME! She even called to find out how Daisy is doing. BTW, my mom saw the girls at the Lake. She sends her love. :) Despite the boo-boo, Pili still looks adorable...and I just love Piko!

Couch potato said...

I love the shirt. Hope she recovers quickly.

Veronica said...

yeah...I love doggy shirts!!

demondoll said...

Psssssssssssssst! Are you packed and ready?! I can't wait!