Sunday, February 17, 2008

I forgot what it was like ...

I woke up around 2am with a feeling of over-fullness in my stomach. I resituated myself in bed, hoping that the feeling would go away. Poor Piko, I think I accidentally kicked her off the bed. When the feeling didn't go away, I thought I may need to go to the bathroom. But nothing happened. Then I realized I needed to throw up.
Food poisoning is a BUGGER.
I had a severe bout of food poisoning in 1999. I remember it distinctly because it was at my first internship. I asked if I could go home but couldn't make it home (I worked over the bridge and on the Peninsula.) My boyfriend at the time picked me up and took me to the hospital, hoping to get me some medication. I ended up being admitted and having to stay there for five days.
Last night wasn't so bad but I kept throwing up. I ended up waking up The Man with all the noise I was making and he asked me if he could help, bless his heart. But what I needed most was to get that garlic halibut out of my body.
Yes, throwing up garlic halibut is as disgusting, if not more, as it sounds. I think I threw up more because it was so foul coming up.
Though the food poisoning this time wasn't nearly as bad as my other experience, it was not a fun time. Then we woke up this morning to a couple of piles of throw-up around the house. No, they weren't mine. Evidently, Piko had eaten the stuffing of one of their chew toys. Since 6:00am today, we have steam cleaned and wiped up throw up around the house and have constantly been changing the pee pads as the chew toy stuffing must also cause diarrhea. The Man said he would rather be at work because at least he gets paid.
I'm no longer vomiting but poor Piko looks like she's in hell.

3 comments:

demondoll said...

Poor girls!!!!
I'm so sorry you had bad fish, yes it is so awful. That bout you had long ago was SCARY. I'm glad this wasn't quite as serious. Why didn't Jon get it too?
And my poor puppy friend. I hope she gets well soon. Can you give her anything for the dehydration?? What does one give sick doggies?

ElleDee said...

He didn't eat the halibut, smart man. Damn that Applebee's!
Piko is good as new now. We didn't take her to the vet because she was (semi-) perky. Well, perky for her. She is hungry today and running around like nothing happened. But thank you for your concern!
(We think that Pili may have eaten stuffed animal stuffing too but she eats so much random crap that she probably has built up a tolerance.)

Anna M said...

I hope you are feeling better honey!