Friday, February 01, 2008

All about THE MAN


I borrowed this survey from of a friend of Pookie's.

Note: I told my fiance that I was going to be writing a blog entry all about him and that I wanted him to pick a picture of himself. Pooks, I think he picked this one especially for you because he knows you love his "confidence." I rolled my eyes this time, laughed and uploaded it!

WHAT IS HIS NAME? Jon
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED? Negative 10 weeks
HOW LONG DID YOU DATE? When we get married, we will have just celebrated our 6th year anniversary.
HOW OLD IS HE? 30
WHO EATS MORE SWEETS? Definitely me. He says he didn't eat nearly as much chocolate before he met me. Oops!
WHO SAID I LOVE YOU FIRST? He would debate with me about this one. He was the first person to express his feelings, saying he was "falling for me." The thing is, he told me when we were at a bar and I thought he was yanking my chain. I had a lot of baggage back then and I was also a little tipsy so I thought he was just drunk, too. (I keep telling him the importance of timing!) My response was, "What?! Are you freakin' kidding me? Why would you say that?!" Then I told him I had to pee. True story. He later told me he had heard, "What the F$%&?! Are you out of your GD mind? Why the hell would you say that?!" He tends to hear things differently than what actually comes out of my mouth.
I was the first one to actually drop the L-Bomb, though. You know, come to think about it, it was also after a night of drinking with friends. We sure partied a lot when we were younger. We were chatting into the wee hours of the morning because my friend let us crash at her house and I said something like, "Hey. I just want you to know that I love you." He replied, "Oh! I love you too. Hmm, I was going to do something more romantic and tell you that but I guess I should probably ask you now if you want to be my girlfriend."
WHO CAN SING BETTER? Lawdy, that's a hard one because we're both pretty awful. I suppose, me. But not by much.
WHO IS SMARTER? I have a master's degree. But, if he really tried, I bet he could build me a house. And he makes practically double what I make in salary. So I'm going to have to go with him!!!
WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY? Our Mamas. No, seriously.
WHO PAYS THE BILLS? I'm hoping it will be him but it will probably be me.
WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE? Me!
WHO MOWS THE LAWN? Lawn, my ass. We have rocks.
WHO COOKS DINNER? Usually, neither of us. But I do cook a little more than he does. His BBQ is pretty awesome, though.
WHO DRIVES? He will say he does but I think it's equal. Unfortunately, we both drive nearly a 100 miles a day for work!
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST? He tried to kiss me a few times after our dinner dates. But he would lean in so slowly (in my opinion!) that I would know it was coming and I would freak out and duck. He would end up getting a mouthful of hair. Since I'm normally an outgoing person, he did not understand my mixed signals. Unfortunately, I'm actually really shy when it comes to dating. We finally had our first kiss in Lake Tahoe in front of a slot machine. Ironic since we don't gamble. You're jealous of how romantic our first kiss was, aren't you?
WHO ASKED WHO OUT FIRST? Well, I asked him to go out first but it was a group outing. I invited him to a friend's birthday party. So thanks, Cyn! That was the first time he and I met up without the people who introduced us. But I can't recall our first true date without chaperones :)
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS? He does. He has two brothers and one sister. I have one of each.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS? Hmm, he would say it's equal but I'm going to say he does. But I rock some pretty fierce capris!! :D
--------------------------------------------------------
Since this post is about The Man, I have to give him LOTS OF LOVE today. I received a beautiful spring bouquet from the delivery man. The card was a thank you note from Jon. He wrote that he appreciated all the time I have put into planning the wedding. He felt it was a big weight off his shoulders not to have to think or worry about it. He said that not only have I taken care of the wedding plans but that I take care of him, too. Awwwwww ... he's a hottie, inside and out!


8 comments:

Veronica said...

heheh *rolling eyes & sighs*

Geez Jon!!? Seriously, we know you're buff. Leave it alone.

Gosh some people. heheh

Oh, and JON totally gets 100 brownie points in my book because he saved us!! Remember that lame lady driving like a maniac, on our way to Marine World?


Oh. and we still (ALbert & I ) know he is whipped. NO MATTER what he says, or how many times he says, "she doesn't scare me" or rolls his eyes....YOU WEAR THE PANTS. (period)
We know. ;)

It's totally cute that he thinks he does though...cause then we come home and say, "awww he's so cute." ;)

Veronica said...

tell that man...to call albert to teach him his charm. Way to go Jon-jon!

demondoll said...

I love this post!
Because I have no ideas of my own, I am stealing this survey. That is all.

I love how much you love him!

Anna M said...

Aww...what a sweetheart!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Remember to breathe and have a good time! Oh, and also...remember to eat.

Oh, and who are you kidding? We are Americanized Filipino women...WE ALWAYS WEAR THE PANTS!!!!

demondoll said...

Sister- did you see the Sarah Silverman video with White Jon? It's very funny- he especially is a hoot!

ElleDee said...

I know! I saw it over the weekend and I showed The Man. I watched it about five times - he's hot! I think I think that because he looks like The Man :D

Veronica said...

video? huh? show us!

ElleDee said...

Pooks: Check it out!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wnVJZkDuVBM
(You can actually see it on abc.com but I couldn't get a direct link.)