Thursday, February 21, 2008

What to write about ...

I have a blog because it's like an email blast to my good friends but even better because we can interact. But sometimes I struggle about what I should write about. Especially when it seems trivial.
Of course, that hardly ever stops me.
I thought about writing how I don't understand why I sabotaged myself. I had heff-ed out this week and completely disregarded my calorie intake. But I decided not to do that and just quietly got back on course. I can beat myself up publicly another time. Then I thought about writing how work is going but it's always kind of dangerous to do that. I mean, it's no problem being vague but I'd rather give examples and details. Oh well. Work is actually quite positive, though. I'm still very happy and am #1 in my team this week! (I have one of the lowest generating areas, though, so this is not something that will be a regular occurrence. I'm just going to enjoy the short-lived feeling of accomplishment :)
Then there's all that wedding stuff. Do I want to write about my dress? Not really. But I think I will finally get to see the blessed thing really soon. Then there's the ceremony. Every day I think about what I'm going to say to him at our wedding. We aren't writing our own vows - we're going to have the standard vows. But we are exchanging what our officiant calls "declarations of love." I don't mean to but every day, multiple times a day, I think about what I want to tell him. And then I start tearing up. Oh NOOOOO ... I'm going to be one of those people who can't keep it together at her own wedding! I hope not. So I am also thinking of light-hearted things I can tell him that will make him laugh. Plus I'm having my make up professionally done, complete with lashes, and I can't be looking crazy!!!
I think I feel like I have nothing to write or talk about because I'm so tired. Waking up at 4:45am is starting to wear on me. I hope I get used to it soon because I really start to feel it by Thursday night. But other than being very tired, I am still happy and loving life. I'm just EXHAUSTED!

2 comments:

demondoll said...

I think everyone wants to read about your wedding plans, it's fun! Well, except for when you get weepy about your ceremony, it makes me a bit teary too, because that kind of love is a beautiful thing.

Kim said...

Take it from me...you can think about it a thousand times and tell yourself you're not going to lose it at your own wedding, but when the moment comes, emotions will get a mind of their own and do what they want! ;) But there's nothing wrong with that. I thought I wouldn't cry at my own wedding, but the second I started to say my vows, lo and behold, I couldn't keep it together. I think D-Doll's right...it's because that kind of love is beautiful, and you just can't hold it in! And don't worry...the fake lashes won't be affected by tears. It takes a lot to make those suckers come off! :)