Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I was built with a tan, yo."

I said that to the boss of my boss. Well, without the "yo." And yes, there was alcohol involved but it was totally in context with the conversation. 

I hate ants. And it appears we have an ant problem. Well, kind of. There isn't a trail but there are quite a few scouts. 

It is my duty to kill every one of those bastards.

What I hate is that now I feel like there are ants crawling on my arms and legs. 

Vero, we have not cleaned at all. I am sorry. And The Man thought it would be doable for us to go to South San Jose early in the morning on Saturday to see his old roommate and his baby as well as pick up his mail. All before 10am. I love my husband but dang, that's a jam packed morning. So we are going to try and clean for the next two nights. I just don't see our home becoming spic and span. So here is my apology in advance. We'll try and liquor you and your husband up so you won't notice! I can at least promise you clean sheets.

I am in a funny mood. Not a bad mood, just funny. And yes, the week of Power is fast approaching. Maybe THAT'S it. But I'm overall a happy gal. 

Things I'm thankful for ...

1. Raid

2. Cloudy skies

3. Nectarines in season

4. Good sashimi

5. A nice walk along the bay with a good friend

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Oh, well...no worries about the house. SERIOUSLY!!! We live with Ethan remember?? That boy makes crazy messes...like wipes his nose on the couch, touches his butt and then touches his toys...and he is always spilling something on this filthy carpet!

So, when I say chill...I mean it!

Oh, and FYI my power week should be here ANY second...so, I might be bloated and a wee bit irritable. BUT not at you just Albert, hahah a wee bit...but I usually have a melt down...so if I cry...at all...you know why. :)

We are coming to see you guys. NOT your house. ;) OH, and if you want us to come later...let us know!

demondoll said...

Grateful for:
1- SYTYCD is on tonite
2- grapes
3- we have an enorous canister of coffee
4- cat who acts like a dog
5- my child can swim

Sister, you keep a very tidy house, don't you worry! Also, try the baking soda thing, less fume-y.
Have a fab visit you wild and ceerazy grrls!
xoxoxo

JSC said...

I have stummbled on your blog via another blog, funny how that works...also funny...I hate ants too! You can rid of them like I did very recently with vinegar! Just dump a whole bunch into a spray bottle and spray around doors/windows and they will find another place to invade! Really!