Friday, July 18, 2008

So I spent over three hours reading an entire blog ...

... and his story broke my heart and lifted my spirits at the same time.
I've written time and time again that blogs are an interesting phenomenon. And when people put it ALL OUT THERE for everyone to read, including me, I'm sort of in awe. Because I just don't have that kind of trust ... balls ... or whatever you would call it.
But for this person, I think it's therapeutic, a way to cope when one of the most awful things happens in his life. And I have to admit, I questioned why I was so facinated and captivated by his blog. I was worried that I was one of those people that fed off of someone's misery. Not necessarily enjoyed ... I don't know how to describe it. I guess someone who liked the drama? Anyway, I did NOT want that to be me.
I think why I'm drawn to his blog is because, unlike me, he puts it all out there. His anger, his fears, his sadness ... there doesn't appear to be any censoring and I respect and admire that because everything he is writing is real. And raw. I wrote "his story" but really it's "his life." The incidents in his life that have caused extreme pain and joy at the same time. And yes, I cried! Oh how some of the entries made me cry. Sometimes, it was just the pictures, other times, it's the notes people wrote to him that he posted.
Thanks, Jen, for putting a link to his blog on yours and introducing me to him. I am cheering on Matt and Madeline and wishing them the very best.

4 comments:

demondoll said...

I can't bear it. His writing is beautiful, and like Tel sys, heartbreaking.
I wish him and Madeline all my best.

ElleDee said...

Tel: Maybe someday. I imagine that it is all too fresh right now. Or maybe I'm just not ballsy enough to ask a stranger. But one day, I can see him being an advocate :)
Sister: You know, The Man won't read it because he thinks it's too sad. I admit, it's sad but there are so many good moments too. But I understand. I had tears off and on throughout reading his blog. For over three hours.

mrs. A said...

I read Matt's blog every single day...because even though he's had his fair share of heartache and heartbreak this year, he's still making the best life for himself and his little girl. My friend, who works for an IT company and came to Bangalore on assignment from the US, used to work with Matt and told me about his story. Since that day, I've been an avid reader.

And I read daily because he gives me hope...that even though life throws you unexpected and very painful curve balls, you can still make something positive of it.
All anyone has to do is look at Madeline and see how loved she is and what a wonderful father Matt is.

And that is truly awe-inspiring.

Veronica said...

Oh MY...I should have stayed away. I cried like my own family member passed. I was so heartbroken. I am PMSing but still, his story makes me so sad, and scared and happy that he has put it out there and has stayed strong for his baby.

The picture....ahhh. She seemed like such a lovely girl and then when he wrote that even the insurance lady was shocked and cried. I cried even more..it seems so unfair. She was so close to holding her baby girl.

Oh and I thank you ahead of time, because you guys are awesome to treat us so great. We are both watching what we eat....more me then Albert...