Monday, July 21, 2008

A nice weekend

How was your weekend? Ours was very nice. Vero and her hubby came to visit and the liquor was flowing ... in a respectable fashion. :) They are fantastic house guests and The Man was happy to see his best friend. We drank, we ate, we played games, we drank ... lots of fun. Thanks for visiting us!
After they left, The Man pleaded with me to go with him to San Francisco to run an errand. I was pooped and didn't want to go but he bribed me by saying we could bring the pups. I'm glad I went with him because he was picking up an item he bought on Craigslist. Call me a worrier, but I'm always leary of meeting strangers. And not that I'm strong enough to overtake someone that may want to rob The Man, but at least I could furiously call 911 and scream at the top of my lungs. Anyway, we were in a sketchy part of San Francisco but all went well. OK, we were actually on the cusp of sketchy. We were parked in front of nice apartments. And then right across the street were not-so-nice apartments with six cop cars out front. And no, I'm not exaggerating for effect.
I got this great idea after he was done that we should take the pups across the Golden Gate Bridge. I told him I don't recall ever walking the bridge, I know he hasn't walked the bridge, so wouldn't it be fun? He reluctantly agreed (he didn't have much room to bargain since he did drag me to SF to run an errand) and away we went. We found the place to park but it was packed. Of course it would be - this is a landmark and it was 4:00pm. Tourists galore! We parked in the the overflow lot and made our way to the bridge.
It was on the crowded side but not overwhelming. The pups were having a ball! They were pulling on their leashes and leading the way. Good to know Obedience Training paid off. The Man and I knew we weren't appropriately dressed as we passed people in parkas, scarves and beenies. But we kept truckin'. I wanted to walk the length of the bridge but we realized that we only had one poop bag left and The Man didn't want to risk it. He's a reasonable fellow.
We only walked half of the bridge but had a good time. The pups didn't get tired at all (usually Piko gives up on life halfway into a walk) and I exclaimed how much fun the girls were having. The Man said that he thinks it was more terror - between the cars, people and the wind whipping us, he thought they were hauling ass, not because they were excited but because they were scared for their lives. I prefer to think they were very excited.
What was best about this visit is that The Man admired the views we saw from the Golden Gate Bridge and said to me, "You know what? You're right. San Francisco can be beautiful." Oh happy day! He hates going into the city which made me sad because there are parts that I love. I understand not liking the hustle and bustle but there are just some places that are lovely. I convinced him that we should come back in a month, dressed appropriately, earlier in the day so there would be less people and cars. He agreed. We'll also bring a camera so we can take pictures and post! I know, we'll totally look like tourists but it's OK. It will be worth it!

And Tel! I convinced The Man that he has to go with me to the Hula Show! With you not around, I've been hard pressed to find a companion :(

8 comments:

Veronica said...

It was a great weekend in deed!

SF!! Aww...the bridge is nice.

Sorry, we (I) scared you with my hate for BIL. Albert thought you two were SUPER scared of my rage. hahah so sorry, but, look, I hope you understand.... I don't just hate my BIL for funsies. There is a lot of stuff behind the "hate".

I guess I'm just tired of the hubby saying "Oh, veronica just doesn't like him." He says it as if there is nothing behind the scenes...sorry, getting all worked up again.
Ugh. This is exactly what I mean, lack of communication...Albert just doesn't get it. Blah!

Must go...I'm all pissed off now.

demondoll said...

I looooove The City! I'm so glad Mr. Man sees some of its purty/non-seedy side :-D
And locals take photos, too. Just don't wear fanny packs or white tennies;-)
Hauling ass to get it done- hehehe!

C said...

I miss the city. Its like I can't get D to go into L.A. He was raised in L.A. but he hates the traffic the people, etc.

C said...

and i didnt to finish my comment above there....

I have to pull his leg just to get him to go L.A....bribe like we're gonna go look at shoes or something or wit food.

its sad..but so easy to bribe.. heheheh

ElleDee said...

Vero: Oh, no ... we weren't scared at all. It was just a little awkward is all. But hey! Made for an interesting car ride ;) j/k. Seriously though, don't worry about it. I think it was just hard for The Man because he knew BIL as a harmless kid and doesn't know him "that way." For me, I can sympathize how hard it is to forgive someone who was so mean.
Sister: No fanny pack?! Next you're going to tell me I can't wear a velvet scrunchie in my side ponytail! We should walk the GGB when you guys are in town! (Watch me be sick ... like clock work!)
Tel: Don't tease me! I know you aren't coming for the show and it's tradition :( Boooooooo.
C: sometimes I wish we could go back in time. You, me and Kim should have taken more advantage of where we lived and done a lot of day trips if not road trips!!!!!

Veronica said...

so...sorry. PMS will make a girl super emotional.

I thought about keeping quiet, but I hate that Albert keeps saying I don't like him with out explaining the truth and then...I just look like a bitter bitch that hates his family. Which is simply NOT true. Those who know me well, know that I hate people when they are shitty, and can NOT easily forgive. :D

End of story.

ElleDee said...

Don't give it a second thought! We know you are a very loving person :)The 'mones can get a gal every time ... buggers! ;)

Anna M said...

Sooo jealous that you guys got to hang out together!

Yeah, Craig's List is on bandwagon I won't be jumping on.