Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day gift ... one day late

Tomorrow we find out if Sticky Bun is a boy or a girl. Yes, I'm the kinda gal that wants to know, oh, I don't know, YESTERDAY!
The stories, though, that people have told me about misread ultrasound do not help at all. Like when my boss told me that one of her girlfriends thought she was having a girl and boop! Out pops a boy. After all the baby girl clothes were purchased and the nursery was done up for a girl. Or the other stories I've been told of when the baby has crossed his/her legs or mooned the camera are of no comfort either. Because, in case you didn't know, hospitals don't let you have ultrasounds at the drop of the hat or at your whim or fancy. Evidently they're a bit pricey! So I truly hope it's as clear as day when we go to our appointment tomorrow.
OF COURSE I will be happy no matter what as long as the baby is healthy. All along that has been my main concern and my greatest wish - that this baby be strong and healthy.
But dammit if I get tricked by a misread ultrasound! Hahaha ... I'm hoping that those are rare and that I get a doc with a good track record.
I am also excited because it's The Man's first time seeing an ultrasound. I've had the pleasure of seeing two (remember the evasive first?!) and I think that is the moment when everything felt real to me. And, to be honest, when I fell head over heels in love. And, unlike The Man, I at least have the opportunity to experience the baby inside of me whereas he has been sort of removed from the whole thing and has to experience things second hand.
Funny ... I actually see my pregnancy as an opportunity when that is pretty much what freaked me out for so long. But it is, for all the uncomfortableness, an almost unreal experience. Although I know there is this living, growing person inside of me, I have yet to feel kicks or movement. So when I went to the doctor and got to hear the heartbeat or, better yet, got to see the baby move around, that's when I felt really connected. So I can understand how it's hard for a Daddy-to-be to feel part of everything. And the whole realness of it all. I cannot wait to see what The Man looks like when he gets to see our baby. (If he cries, which would be a shocker because I've only seen him cry once out of emotion and once out of pain, I'll let you guys know. But shhh, don't tell him!)
So what do you think? Boy or a girl? I have my suspicions but I won't write them down because if the baby is not what I think it to be and then reads this blog 13 years down the road when he/she is in puberty, the little hormonal teen will think I didn't want him/her. And I can't have that held against me on top of the so many other things I'm sure our kid will already think :P (I'm hoping this SB will be a lot more reasonable than I was as a teen. Because, at times, I was one piece of work!) On that note, Happy Mother's Day to my mama!!! I can't believe she did this three times. And then had to raise all of us. That woman is tougher than nails.

4 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

I believe it's a boy. I can't wait!!!

Kim said...

I'm thinking girl. :)

It's actually the ultrasound technician who tells you whether it's a boy or girl, so here's crossing our fingers for a good technician! I have to say, my own little but was a little rebellious during our ultrasound...he stayed face-down the whole time and didn't want to give us all a clear look at his face. LOL. So now I have to go back on the 21st for a follow-up ultrasound! But I'm glad, because then we'll get to see him again. :) And don't worry...yours will be kicking away in there very soon, and then he/she will play a fun little game called Let's Kick While Mom Tries to Go to Sleep! Hehe. But it's cute! Hope you had a good first Mom's Day. :)

Kim said...

*bun, I meant to say my own little bun! Not own little but. LOL. Freudian slip...?

ElleDee said...

Bun ... but(t) ... they'll probably be both at some point or another ;)