Monday, May 11, 2009

Sticky Bun is a GIRL!

I think our baby read Kim's comment to my previous entry because she was dodging that ultrasound technician like no other. I will probably have to go back for another one too!
This was my third ultrasound and each experience has been different. The first one was with the paddle-like probe that went up the hoo-hah. The secone one was in the Gynecology department and was the best one because there was a monitor specifically for the mama to watch while the technician took different images and measurements of the baby. This third one was in the Radiation department (I know, strange, right?) and was not as serene as the second. Lots of noise outside and there was no monitor for me to look at while the tech worked so I was bored. Plus, the pictures were not nearly as good as the one I received at three months. I don't even know if it's worth scanning and posting. One image has half of the baby's body where she's sucking her thumb. But the legs are hidden so they look like they're missing. The second image was very unclear and pointed to her labia. No, seriously, there is an arrow pointing to what no one would be able to identify as a labia and reads, "Girl!"
While the appointment itself was a lackluster one, I was so jazzed to find out the baby is a girl! Of course, without a genetics test, we could very well be one of those parents that had a tech misread the ultrasound or the baby somehow tucked away it's bits that identified him as a he but we're pretty sure we're having a girl. A girl!
The Man was a little stunned. I know he's probably thinking about all the thoughts he had about girls as a pubescent boy. Hehehe ... during our drive afterwards he wondered aloud if he could find something that LOOKED like a shot gun that he could polish in front of her teenage suitors for when she eventually starts dating.
I start thinking about girlie baby clothes, he starts thinking about fake shot guns. We all express our joy in different ways.

5 comments:

jen said...

I'm so excited for you and Gil! :) Yay for mini-LD. I can't wait to find out what names you two come up with now!!!

and I'm giggling over Gil's shotgun comment. He's protective of his girl(s) already! :)

Veronica Milan said...

what was the percentage?

All I'm saying is that our friend's Leo and Tina (Gil knows them) I think??

Either way, they were told it was a girl 80%!! So they went home and started buying the pink stuff...and at her 6th or 7th month...hheheh ooops says the tech. His parts were tucked. It was a BOY!

They were so ticked. They didn't know what to believe.

So, they waited. It was a boy.

That would piss me off.But then again, I'm the pissy type.

What??? Shotgun?? Put that thing away!! eTHAN will take good care of her. I raised him well. ;) heheh

Kim said...

They didn't let you look at the screen during the ultrasound??? Where did you go, are you with Kaiser? I did mine at Eden (also the radiology department) and she let us look at it the whole time while she did measurements and such. That's a bummer they didn't let you watch! :(

I was nervous about the whole gender determination thing too, until I remembered that it's easier to see no bits rather than bits, so if they saw some, it must be a he. LOL. But I have faith yours will remain a girl throughout...I just have a feeling you're meant to have a girl! :)

We got a bill for our portion of the ultrasound yesterday. Now I'm not as excited to go get another one. LOL!

Kim said...

BTW, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

C said...

what? Gil sounds stressed..Hhahahaha...

Yay for a Ma. Therese Laquita Ramirez!!!!!!! =)

Oh man..H&M has some CUTE baby clothes....

congrats....I just realized this girl is gonna grow up feisty like all of the aduviso ladies!