Thursday, May 31, 2012

1st World Problem vs 3rd World Problem

This is what my Sister prefaces each time she talks about a problem that really isn't a problem when thinking in the grand scheme of things. I mean, you've got people worrying about food and shelter so is it really that bad that your (humph, my) chiropractor cancels last minute? Or that someone cut me off on the freeway? Irritating but not life threatening incidents like that.
So let me preface this entry with the fact that I know I could have it a lot worse. That I am a very blessed individual and I do thank God each day for the blessings I have in my life. As I grow older, I've found that I'm actually a more thankful individual because it's so easy to take things and people for granted.
OK, with all that said, we all know that you can still be disappointed with a 1st world problem! And no, this is not about the miscarriage. It's about a completely different area in my life. I wish I could go into detail but it's one of things that I try to be careful with since this is a public blog. But let's just say that in the past five months, I will now have been disappointed THREE times in a certain area in my life. While I am very thankful for all that I do have, c'mon, you have to admit that three times is a big let down. These incidents also make me question my character: the drive I have and have I changed in the past 10 years? I used to be known as a go-getter, as a FIRE CRACKER (someone had actually used this term when describing me after an interview.) And now, well now I wonder if I've grown timid. Or complacent. Or worse, inept. I shudder at that one.
Then I remember that God has always made my life better after what I've perceived as disappointments. That something truly better did come along each time. So I hold onto that hope. It just seems that it, the higher plan, is unveiling itself a lot slower than it did in my 20s.
In any case, it helps to write this down, as cryptic as it may seem.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I'm not the most optimistic person, but, I truly believe that if one door closes, another opens. Yes, disappointments suck big time...and don't be so hard on yourself about it...it wasn't meant to be. Something bigger and better is in store for you! xoxo