Saturday, November 05, 2005

Funny Moments #1

I've decided to start keeping track of the stuff that really cracks me up. The following is a "funny moment of the week." (It was actually last week's but The Man reminded me about it and I cracked up twice this week thinking about it.)

The Man and I visited Pookiepie and PookieHubby last weekend and went out for dinner. While waiting for our buzzer to go off (estimated wait time: 25 minutes), the subject of babies came up. Well, to be more precise, the word "vaganus" came up and I had to explain it to PH. Damn straight The Man already knows about my vagina worries. Of course, Pookiepie told me that the pain is all worth it and you forget about it once the baby is here. I replied, "Mmm, I still say that nothing on the body is meant to rip. It's just not right." I think I even likened it to ripping a nostril - I'm known for comparing that. Hey, I know it's probably not at all the same pain but it's the only way a man will LISTEN to me. Of course, Pookiepie can't deny there is pain so she turned to The Man and said, "I'm trying to convince her that pregnancy is wonderful!*" To her credit, she gave it a good try but I'm pretty stubborn**.

Anyhow, Pookiepie started to tell us about a tape she and PH saw during their lamaze class. She then said something like, "Oh yah, it was really something!" and PH has this amazed look on his face so The Man thinks this is a positive thing and said, "You see? It's not that bad!" Pookiepie then replied, "Oh no! The tape was nasty! You saw everything, up close! There was so much vagina, it was like 24 hour Twat TV!"

Maybe I'm no better than a dirty 16-year old boy but dammit, she said, "twat!" I was howling. Of course, I then repeated the word, "twat" loudly and giggled. Oh, and OF COURSE we were having this conversation outside of the restaurant's front entrance, in a very public area. But I didn't care, it was funny. The Man couldn't say anything, he's the one that taught me that word! Good times, good times.


*No, The Man and I aren't trying to have a baby. He just hopes that one day I will be very excited about pregnancy. Humph.

**Don't misunderstand, I WANT to have kids one day. But I'm so afraid of the whole pregnancy process. If I could, I'd lay an egg and sit it on for nine months. But it's not an option so ... vaganus.

3 comments:

demondoll said...

I like your pre-dinner conversations!

Veronica said...

hehe...yup me too.

I enjoy your company so much ...I don't have to hold anything back! hehehe
Tell the man I'm sorry...but the truth is the truth, we can't sugar coat...labor...no way in hell!!

The baby is worth it though!

ElleDee said...

It ain't right, it just aint right.