Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Five days until frou frou drinks on the beach


I'm so relieved to be going to Hawaii in a few days. Excited isn't the appropriate word because I plan on taking it easy, beaching myself with a drink and taking intoxicated naps. Of course, my friend and I will drive around the island, visit the Polynesian Cultural Center, hike Diamond Head and shop daily at the International Market. But overall, I plan on hanging out on the beach. And by golly, if a drink happens to find itself in my hand ... who am I to question?

This trip is in lieu of celebrating my 27th birthday. Usually, I have dinner with friends and then we go out and I dance my little heart out. But I don't think I'm going to plan anything this year. Not sure why, guess I'm just not in the mood.

I cannot wait to take a whole week off from work. I actually get back next Thursday evening but I took Friday off anyway. How am I spending my time? Going to the doctor's for my annual lady exam. Good stuff. And maybe have lunch or coffee with my friends who do have to work that day. Or just cry softly into my pillow all day, curled in the fetal position, as I cope with my back-to-the-daily-routine depression.

All I know is that I am excited to be off work for an entire week. Whoooohoooooo!!!!

10 comments:

demondoll said...

Happy almost Birthday! Should I wait to send the prezzie?

ElleDee said...

You already gave me one! The metal poster of Waikiki :)

Veronica said...

ye...ahh baby! Sounds so nice.

ElleDee said...

Thanks! If you want me to send you a postcard, give me your address (I'll give you my e-mail address.)
It's December 11th.

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! :)

demondoll said...

Is my vision going, or did you change the background to eggplant purple?

ElleDee said...

Sister, I'm afraid your vision is going :( OK, kidding only. It is eggplant now.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhh take me dear cousin, take me! :) Love you and hope you and the bf have a WONDERFUL time! XOXOXO -you're fav lil' cousin. and yes. i do declare myself the favorite. I mean it's me or rommel. :) haha jk!

ElleDee said...

You're my favorite Texan cousin ;)
Yah, I have a lady exam. Nothing like coming back from Hawaii and then going on to a tissue covered table with stirrups to welcome you back home :D

demondoll said...

Started my vacay with a mammogram. Must be a family thing...
Have a wonderful time in Hawaii!