Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm a minority woman and, in some counties, qualify as "poverty level" so...

hell yah I'm going to vote*!!

But I'm mad at myself ... I forgot that I will be in Sin City on election day. Does anyone know if I can still vote? And if so, how? Don't worry, I'm also going to ask at work today but I can't believe that the nine of us going to the conference never bought this up! So I'm asking you guys too.
Freakin' Arnold, hoping and expecting a low voting turn out, causing a right-wing swing and his initiatives passing. I'll show you, you big Steriod Freak! What a silly silly man. Did he think he could get away with slamming nurses, teachers, and firefighters? Duh, OBVIOUSLY he thought he could. Shoot, The Man is part of IBEW and it's apparent that ALL unions are against Arnold and his initiatives. Even me, someone who has nothing to do with a union, knows you NEVER cross a union, much less multiple ones! Silly silly man.
BTW - no, I'm not a teacher, nurse or a firefighter. But like I wrote, I'm a young, middle class ethnic woman. I believe it is EVERY woman's right to choose, that unions are overall beneficial and that the governor should GIVE BACK THE MONEY HE OWES our schools. As someone who is the product of public schooling, believe me, those schools need all the money they can get.
I didn't think I was going to go off like that but you rile up the wrong woman, that's what you get.

*Poor Sister. In my early 20s, I nearly gave her uclers when I told her I didn't vote. But then I realized, if I don't vote, I can't bitch about the state of my city, county, state and country. Well, we know that THAT'S not an option :)

3 comments:

demondoll said...

You may be too late for this, but you could try absentee ballot. Go to CA's voter registration website and see... Call the county registrar. Today. Early. xoxoxo

Veronica said...

wuxkzj
Yeah...I was gunna suggest the same thing...I know the ballots are available three weeks before an election...but I'm not sure when the cut off date is?
Girrrl look that up quick!

Rock on my minority sista!

Veronica said...

oh that's real smart Pookiepie...ignore the wuxkzj. Hehehe...that was the word verification. ooopppsssie!