Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ooo-weee

This morning I ran four miles. FOUR!

This is a first for me. The most I've ever ran before is three miles. I think. I don't care much for running. That's a lie. I think running sucks. But I know it's good for me so I'm trying to get over the mind block. Thus the half-marathon. That and it's a good cause (donation link on the right side of the blog. I'm just sayin'.)

Scoff if you will but I'm proud of myself. I expected to do it in 1 hour and 20 minutes but I did it in 1 hour. I am so happy! I know I'm no gazelle but, for me, that is a GREAT time. Hot damn. (Now just 9 more miles to go!)

It almost, almost, makes up for the fact that I've gained back the 4 lbs I lost. But not quite. But I won't get into that because, when I think about it, it REALLY PISSES ME OFF.

On a completely different topic, I haven't put up a picture of the kids lately so here it is -

5 comments:

demondoll said...

Oooh, the babies! I love pix of the bebes!
Don't you worry, Sister- you will be melting the weight! You are so going to rock the marathon, I am so proud...

ElleDee said...

Sister, thanks for the encouragement. Weighed in today and lost 1 lb of the 4. Just trying to keep my head straight and not get too discouraged!

demondoll said...

I like the new about me- but I miss the cuddly barracuda. can that slip in somewhere? ;)

Couch potato said...

four miles huh that's crazy I hate to run the only way i would run four miles is if the migra was after me. hehe I kid

Veronica said...

wow 4 miles. Geez...I'd pass out.