Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So much to do, such little time

No, not THAT. Just everything that needs to be taken care of before the weekend. But guess what I get to look forward to this weekend?
PARTYING WITH THE POOKSTER!
Ahhhhh-yahhhhh.
It's like Christmas day for me and The Man. His best friend and wifey have never visited us before but they're a-comin' this weekend! We are going to celebrate Pookie and Jon's birthday by doing I-don't-know-what but I'm sure it will be fun. I even cleaned this past weekend (well, I put off cleaning an extra week because I didn't want to clean twice.) But there's still so much to do-
1. Go to the laundrymat to wash the comforter
2. Take Pili to the vet (her ear is icky)
3. Grocery shopping - although I doubt we'll be cooking so maybe I can skip that
4. work work work!!!!!!!
Jon is cleaning the kitchen so that's not on my list. Hehehe
Work is still great but it's about to get super busy. It requires me to do some prep work the day before every work day. I'm sure that it's not a big deal but it's a change in schedule. Maybe it's a blessing. I could really use a break from the wedding stuff. I also realize that I have to be better at follow up when it comes to work. I think I'm pretty good at it but when the volume increases, it's hard for me to keep up and keep it straight. Anyway, back to Pookie and her hubby.
Oh yes, I told her that Jon was looking forward to barbequing for her Hubby. We even talked about buying his birthday present early. (It's a grill. You are shocked.) But he's been working 12 hour days and I've been working really early days and that just makes for two lazy people when we get home. So we haven't bought the grill yet. I'm secretly (well, not anymore) glad because I hate washing his BBQ equipment and the dishes caked with BBQ crap. He said we can go out instead. Hurray!!!!
So I'm scrambling around trying to get stuff done before the weekend. But none of it really irritates me. Well, other than the fact that I've been having sleepless nights.
I love me some sleep. I miss it so much. This 5 hours of sleep deal is kicking my ass.
--------------------------------------------
Sweet Jeebus. I had to get up at 4:00am today to take my parents to the airport. Thanks, Sister. I'm kidding. It's not her fault. If my parents save $60 by taking a butt-crack-early-in-the-morning flight, by golly, their baby can certainly take them to the airport .
But I can't go back to sleep because I have a 9:00am meeting in San Francisco. Ai-yai-yai.
Oh and I have to add one more thing about the Pookie-Mama. I adore her because we BOTH were relieved after we met each other. Seriously, how much does it suck when you hate your boyfriend's/husband's best friend and/or his wife? Her hubby is a peach - he's very nice, you can tell he loves and respects his wife, he's attentive to his family, and quiet (like his best friend) which makes his humor that much more funny when he starts cracking jokes. Pookie likes to tease both of the guys, just like me, and is just a funny gal! And she even tried to rig her bouquet toss so I would get it. She knew me for two days, bless her heart! But I have an unreasonable fear of the bouquet toss so I stepped out of the way. That's beside the point.
They are our favorite couple to hang out with (not including family or couples that we haven't hung out with yet so I don't want any nasty comments!!!!) which is really sad because they have a ton of couples they hang out with in their hometown. And here we are, when The Man and I are feeling social, pining away for a couple that is nearly three hours away. But they are so much fun!
OK, I'm done. And now you know why I'm super happy they're coming, even when I'm pooped from no sleep :)
Oh, and ...
Happy Birthday, Pookie-baby! You saucy thing, you! ;)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

YEAH we are SO excited!! Yup, we can go out!!

If you all want to do sushi..I'm down..I only order California rolls. :)

demondoll said...

Oh, you are going to have so much fun!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LA POOKS!!!!! (several days late, I'm sorry)