Monday, August 27, 2007

Mondays are tough days

Back to the daily grind, yah? Nooooo!!!!
This weekend was fun. Jun's best friend, Al-Dizzle, and his bomb diggity wife, Vero, visited us for the weekend. (You guys, I have been spelling The Man's nickname wrong this entire time! It sounds like "Jon" but it's spelled "Jun." Crazy ass Filipinos! Joke lang.) They are so much fun! I just laugh and laugh when they are here. And Jun (not to be confused with his non-existent alter ego, Jon) is so at ease and can really be himself around them. Vero commented how both Al-Dizzle and Jun comes off so serious when you first meet them, which is true, because they are shy. But they are actually quite funny. And dorky! :) In a good way. Plus they let us tease them! We're always giving them a hard time, pretending different scenarios that happened between them when they were going through puberty - they have known each other since they were 12 years old! Anyhow, this couple is so much fun. I have to confess, though. I was so worried that the house smelled like dogs (because that is NASTY) that I lit candles, plugged in air fresheners, toasted bread and popped popcorn before they arrived just to make sure!!! I know, I'm a dork, too.
Jun knew he wanted to ask Al-Dizzle to be his best man for our wedding. Since it's going to be a small one, we both only wanted one attendant. When he proposed, I asked him when he was going to pop Al-Dizzle the question and he said he was going to wait until they visited. But he tends to forget things so I asked him again when they were here. Jun replied, "Don't worry, I will." I figured he wanted to take Al-Dizzle aside from their crazy significant others and ask him in private.
We were eating breakfast at IHOP and Vero and I were talking about presentations and how they can be a pain in the ass. Vero said that was a big reason why Al-Dizzle doesn't want to go back to school. Jun asked, "Oh, you don't like giving presentations?" and he replied no. Jun then asked, "Well, do you want to be my best man?"
"Wow." Pause. "Do I have to give a speech?"
"Yup."
Men.
So we went home and Al-Dizzle tried on a few of Jun's different barongs to see what would fit best before we ordered it. Vero said that he was truly surprised and didn't expect to be asked to be the best man. Al-Dizzle is a great guy and I think Jun made an excellent choice.
In case you're wondering, Sister is my matron-of-honor (aka Bad Ass MOH.) And I didn't even ask her. I think I told her over the phone before I even got engaged. I believe it had been a while back and I just attended a very big wedding. I said something like, "Hey, if I ever tie the knot, I don't want any bridesmaids. I just want you to stand up for me." It wasn't even a question! Oops. But I think she knew it was a given. I hope!
Vero and Al-Dizzle, I'm so glad you were able to finally visit us. Please don't make it a one time deal! We hope to see you a little more. Xoxo!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

I know! Albert thought he was kidding at first... He waited...nope...

Classic! Jun way to ask the hubs...heeh

Poor hubs. I told him he will do fine...just practice, practice!

Kim said...

Hooray! See, things are starting to fall into place. :0)

When Ryan asked his best friend to be his best man, he borrowed one of my rings and got down on one knee at their house. We all had a good laugh!

I'm so used to Jon that Jun is throwing me off! I don't know why, I start thinking of Jin on Lost. Heh.

C said...

i feel the same way. No bridesmaid. I dont think i even have a maid or matron of honor. Well yeah I do. Does my brother count?

demondoll said...

I so would have had bridesmen with my other (girl)best friends, except my ceremony site was teensy. As it was, we were crowded.

It's an honor to be my sis' MOH!


wiuwywx
Wait. I don't have to give a speech, do I? That's just the guy.

Veronica said...

ha funny ddoll if hubs has to..you do too..besides you're an actress...piece of cake...ah..I've got it!!!!...albert will write it..you read it for him.

I'm a genius!!

ElleDee said...

Rock'nmama: No need to worry, he can still do interpretive dance!
Kim: Oh no, not Jin! hehehe My man speaks English! ;)
C: Your brother counts. I think that would be dope.
Sister: Bring on the speech. And, if you wish, an interpretive dance.