Thursday, August 09, 2007

Son of a biscuit, I've been tagged.

The Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
5. 8 is a magic number. Not three.

And here we go:

1. My first french kiss was a disaster. Remember when you were a (pre)teen and PDA was just the norm? Nothing has changed. I mean, kids just make out right in front of each other. You don't believe me? Visit a junior high or high school during a lunch break. Well, my first boyfriend asked for a kiss goodbye and we were with another couple. I thought he just wanted a peck on the lips. He stuck his tongue in my mouth. I actually spit in disgust because I was a reserved little 13 year old and didn't know that's how we were going to say goodbye.
We broke up one week later.

2. My first make out was a disaster. He gave me mono! I lost 15 lbs and dropped two sizes and people thought I was on drugs because I looked so sick. Now you know the reason why I was so conservative. It wasn't so much fear from religion as it was fear of an STD because I swear I thought my luck was heading down that road.

3. By the way, that #2 random fact was my prom date. He broke my heart, then gave me mono. Four years later, we reconnected. I never told him he gave me mono but I turned him down when he wanted to start dating. I didn't mean to give him payback. It just goes to show karma can be a biatch.

4. I had a temper as a child. My mom used to make me practice playing piano a lot (justifiable as she was dropping $ for me to learn) and sometimes I would get so frustrated when I didn't learn something quickly that I would bite the piano. Sister has the piano now and you can see the faint bite marks.

5. My senior year in high school I had the brilliant idea to perm my hair. The next day I colored it. The day after that I decided I hated my perm so I straightened it. My hair was so trashed, brittle and thin from the abuse all happening in one week that I had to cut it. This is how the mushroom hairdo came about.

6. My freshman year in college I had both a 24 year old and a 25 year old (seniors in college) repeatedly ask me out on dates. Luckily, I knew that I was too insecure to accept because my parents gave me an 11pm curfew (yes, it's true!!!) and I thought for sure they would end up dumping me if we ended up dating. I'm very glad for the insecurity because a 17 year old virgin who was also inexperienced emotionally would surely get messed up in the head by dating an older man.
Oh wait, I did end up dating the 24 year old. Whoops.

7. Another fun hair fact: I cut three inches, THREE INCHES, when I got my haircut yesterday. I promptly had regrets after I left the salon.
No matter how bad I feel about myself or how self-conscious I get, I can count on having nice hair. I know that I have at least that. And I went and chopped three inches off. I was a little sad.
Then realized no one could tell. Bastards.

8. The first time I met Jon I was sure that he was everything I wanted in a partner. (I'm sorry, it's mushy but it's true.) Now he drools on my pillow. But that's OK. He still fits the bill.

TAG: OK peeps, you are probably being double or triple tagged by now: Demondoll, Tater, Cyn, Kim, WGD - that's all I got!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

aww...jon-jon is your lobster!

Kim said...

Dammit, and I already have a backlog! ;0)

fofoqho

demondoll said...

Hey, my 1st kiss was a mess, too! maybe it's hayward boyz?
Yes, you can see the teeth marks. I did always wonder...
I hated Snaggletooth. Still do.

Couch potato said...

the biting the piano thing is classic oh I laughed out loud when I read it.

Veronica said...

snaggle tooth? is there a story..?