Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Is blogging the new VHS tape?

Oh Facebook, what have you done?!
I know I've written about this before. Apologizing to all 1 1/2 people that read my blog for not writing nearly as much as before. I used to write so much! And then ...
Facebook.
Well, I'm sure having a baby, a full-time job, two puppies and, oh that's right, a husband!, have something to do with it.
I miss writing. I like reflecting and seeing what I cared about or deemed interesting a few years ago. And this here blog has been with me through three jobs! Luckily, only one man who's still around ;) (Shout out to The Man who knows I write about him here and on FB. Of course, it helps that I write exceedingly flattering things about him.) But the small group that once served as an reciprocal audience has gotten A LOT smaller. Should it matter? I mean, I'm supposed to be writing for myself! But it is fun to get feedback and some sort of reaction.
*sigh* Well, I'm going to stick it out. Maybe Facebook, like computers, will be passing fad.

3 comments:

jen said...

I totally get what you're saying. I guess with FB, the satisfaction of seeing what's happening right then and there with all of your friends/family in one place is convenient and that's why we tend to blog less (?). I, too, miss writing and I wish I had done more of it these last few months. But, it's nice to get updates in paragraph form from blogger :)

Veronica Milan said...

I agree. I am still here. I read your blog to ALbert...it's how he is in the know of his "bff". I keep teasing him because I always know more about the man then he does. I talk about Ava as if I've met her...lol

Yeah, I need to blog more...I miss writing Ethan's story and my feelings and now Noah's story.
BUT, just like you said...
school, the shop, husband, new house, 2 children...it's hard.

I guess that's why I scrapbook too. It helps record the memories you really want to remember.

Damn you FB!!

ElleDee said...

Well, if you guys keep writing, I'll keep reading!
I do love the concept of blogging, it's just the time. And I remember thinking it was such a time saver before! And then FB came along, with it's easy ways ;)