Sunday, April 18, 2010

Most fun. To Date.

OK, I think this is it. I think six months is my favorite age. So far :)
I have a pretty fantastic baby. Yah, yah, all moms say that, right?
Well I'm a pretty honest person. I'm nice, too, so I don't share my thoughts if I think they're too mean or inappropriate. But I'm pretty honest.
Some parts of these past six months have been really hard. And some not so fun. (Like the sleep deprivation.) But I know I've blessed with an easy going baby. I have to say, though, that right now is probably when I'm having the most fun with her.
She gives big smiles. Well, she has for a while but it also goes along with her being more active. Her hand-eye coordination is so much fun to watch now. For instance, she's had these toys dangling on the handle of her carseat (which doubles as her stroller) forever. Well, just about her entire life, shy of two weeks. She's FINALLY batting at them. I told The Man, I bet she thought, "Finally! These GD things have been teasing me this entire time. Now I can finally show them who's boss!"
Oh yes, side note. To amuse ourselves, both The Man and I give her voices and obviously, thoughts. If what we say she's thinking is true, she is one of the most sarcastic babies in the world. We've both said that if she is anything like us, she is going to be one smart ass child. Hopefully, it's possible to be both a smart ass and respectful :)
The Bun moves around a lot. She figured out how to flip on to her stomach. Freaks out The Man because it's practically beat into your head that babies should be put on their backs to sleep. I'm not so freaked out because I'm a tummy sleeper and have been since birth. Anyway, when we stopped swaddling her, she figured out how to flip from her back to her tummy (she's known how to flip from her tummy to her back for a while - have I bored you yet?) Now that she's figured this out, she sleeps for longer periods of time. In other words, she sleeps really well. Like 10 hours well.
It's hard to give examples of why she's so cool to watch now. But she is. I've loved her ever since I knew she existed. But it's exciting to see her grow and become more aware and engaged. And it's even more fun getting to see her personality evolve.
Yup, this is my favorite time. And I hope it just gets better.

2 comments:

jen said...

awww...makes me wish my little bump would arrive sooner than July! :) So glad she's sleeping more! And I'm with the Man on the freaking out part about sleeping on the tummy. I'm sure A will be the calm/collected one in our house when the time comes for the baby to start rolling over. :)

Veronica Milan said...

oh it gets BETTER. Wait til she talks!!! lol

Oh, and albert and I have done that with ethan and now noah (the voices) hahah
It IS amusing! AND I sing for them too...like the other day...baby Noah was singing to ALbert...

*All American Reject- gives you hell"
Except his song went like this,
"I'm gunna give you hell, gunna give you hell..."
Because the boy was up 4 hours straight and we were dying!!! It was from 12 to 4am lol