Monday, April 19, 2010

Sometimes I hate being a new parent ...

... because I get so paranoid about change. And if there's anything a baby does is CHANGE.
Since our little one was four weeks old, she's been sleeping in a Snuggle Nest.

This is how it works:

The Bun slept in this when she was in our room. I think it helped make her transition to a crib and her own room as easy as it was.
But things are a-changin'.
She slept horribly last night because she has rolling over down to an art. In fact, she threw half her body over the side of the Snuggle Nest one of those times. Of course, this made sleeping uncomfortable and she cried.
Tonight we say goodbye to the Snuggle Nest. My baby is now freely rolling all over the crib. I'm sure it sounds like there's nothing to worry about it. It's a crib, for crying out loud. It's MADE for babies. But I am thinking of all sorts of crazy predicaments The Bun can get into not having her baby bed. Her training bed! You don't know what kind of trouble my Little Houdini can get into. Only this mama knows which is why I'm paranoid.
And here is yet another great example why I hate being a new parent. "Get it together, woman!"

3 comments:

Veronica Milan said...

girl I need one of those things!!! I have never seen those before. Geez and I'm not a new parent!!

Oh, and I totally understand that paranoid feeling Ethan was rolling at 3 months and he would gasp for air. It would scare the shit out of us.
One night I found him face down and I was half asleep that I felt no breathing and started screaming for ALbert...but he was fine.
I totally get you though!

jen said...

ohhh, that Snuggle Nest looks like a great baby item :)

Yay for the Bun for reaching yet another big milestone in her little life! :) I guess in most ways you're totally proud of your little girl...she's growing up! But, I can totally understand how that scares the crap out of ya, too.

Oy, I can only imagine what I'll be thinking up in my head come July! :|
Get ready for lots of emails and FB questions! :) hehe

ElleDee said...

Ladies, I really liked it and thought it was a good investment. But if you ask The Man, he would say we could have done without it :P