Saturday, March 10, 2012

Crap, we're losing an hour

Sleep is a valuable commodity in our household. We take it VERY seriously.
So much so that we put The Bun to bed at 6 PM this evening to prep for the time change.
Mmm-hmmm, seriously.
Lately, she has been grumpy when I wake her up around 7:30 AM. (and she is positively upset on those days when I have to wake her up earlier.) That's about 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep for her. Yet I'm usually waking her up rather than her already awake, waiting for her day to start. This makes her grumpy.
It's taken me weeks to figure this out but I think The Bun needs more sleep. Serious. Because, on the weekends, we let her sleep in an hour or two more and she is a lot happier in the morning.
So we decided to bump her bedtime up a half hour. We will do this tomorrow night.
With the time change, heaven help us. Shouldn't be a big deal but, as I mentioned, sleep is like gold in our home. Nay, like platinum! But a Happy Bun makes for a happier morning so I think, in the end, it's going to better for us.

3 comments:

ElleDee said...

My hypothesis was correct! That's fancy for "guess":) Moved her bedtime to 7 tonight. Unfortunately, it won't make much of a difference since I have to wake her up at 6:30 AM tomorrow:/

jen said...

:( poor Bun. I know I'm crabby if I have to get up before I want to, I can only imagine what it's like for them. I'm jealous, though, she sleeps at a reasonable time - my K is up till 11/1130 most nights. :(

Mimi said...

Wow, she's a champion sleeper! You're one lucky mama! :) Hope things worked out and she was a well-rested Bun in the morning.