Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lets start the day with an uplifting story, shall we?

My Sister shared this story on FaceBook and I had to put this up on my blog. While it is a few years old, Patrick and his dad's story is so inspirational. The love and sacrifice his father, mother, and I'm sure the rest of his family, is beautiful. In addition to being inspired, it also gives me perspective. As I get older, I truly do appreciate my life and my blessings more and more. And stories like Patrick also help me remember to be thankful and to wonder, when I face challenges, are they really that difficult? Is it really that bad? And how can I conduct myself in a manner which will only better myself and the others around me?

I know life can really stink sometimes. And I don't belittle anyone's challenges and adversities. Quite honestly, when I hear the news, I'm disgusted, disappointed and afraid of the world in which my baby is growing up. But with beautiful people in the world like Patrick and his dad, their stories reinstate the faith I have that most people are genuinely GOOD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful story! I'm going to share also :o)

jen said...

so inspiring! He's amazing.