Saturday, March 17, 2012

A remarkable photo I had to share

Please read my prior post so you know where I was and in what weather. Then check this out:

One of my FB friends wrote that this looked like one of those mayhem commercials by All State Insurance.
Thank goodness no one was hurt. Kind of a miracle considering how crowded this part of San Francisco is with both drivers and pedestrians. After this tree fell, a portion of Columbus was closed for hours. What's also freaky is I drove down this street moments before when the tree was still up and there was no indication that this was going to happen! I was looking for parking and was jealous of all those people that managed to find such good street parking.
And all I could think when we left the taped off area surrounded by police, when we were done ogling and taking photos, was that this poor Camry owner left his/her car feeling pret-ty lucky to score such awesome parking in North Beach. Dang.

PS: I am all about parking garages in the city and absolutely love them. Its worth saving me the time trying to find street parking if it's a highly congested area. Not to mistake garages for the random, unpaved parking lots. Why? The garage I parked in on North Beach was $9 for 3 hours! Random lot we passed was charging $25 flat fee. It's not always the case but I find garages a lot less and you park it yourself so no valet! Lots park cars like they're puzzle pieces and you often have to wait while they find keys and move all the cars blocking yours.

No comments: