Thursday, March 22, 2012

I wish I could be every woman

The perfect wife, the perfect mama and the perfect career woman. Oh yes, and the perfect sister, relative, and friend. Alas, that is impossible. But one of the things (one of the MANY things but I'm a realistic person) I want to be better about is cooking more for my family. By cooking I mean easy recipes or uncomplicated slow cooker recipes.
I have found some awesome bloggers on the internet who buy ingredients for the meals at the beginning of each week and share these menus on their blog. Love that. Why? Because most of them are busy women so they don't choose meals that take a lot of time but they are tasty and somewhat healthy. Sweet.
I don't promise to share what I'm cooking each week because, again, I'm realistic. But this is what I  planned this week:
http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=50684 (I liked this OK. I might make it again but it wasn't a favorite.)
Thai Lettuce Wraps:
http://www.colleenandkeith.com/2011/09/thai-beef-cabbage-cups.html (Her recipes are usually straight forward and very tasty! I just subbed the cabbage for lettuce because I like that better. I've made this many times and it IS a favorite. Thanks, Colleen!)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/12/crockpot-lobster-bisque.html (I've made this before and liked it. The lobster tails make this a pricey meal but it's good every once in a while. And super easy! This is a treat for this weekend.)
At work, we're having a potluck and I think I'm making this tonight:
http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/detail.php?docid=19363 (They really are the best blueberry muffins I've ever had. Yum!)

OR I'll make this:
(Sorry, no online recipe. Got it from a friend!)

I also made taco salads earlier at the beginning of the week. That was super easy - ground turkey meat with taco seasoning, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, low-fat sour cream and sliced avacados. I'm not a fan of tomatoes but that would have been good with it.

Anyway, as I mentioned, these kind of posts will be far and few between but I thought I'd share:)

No comments: