Friday, April 27, 2012

Rectifying weekend gluttony

Ah, my body is forgiving me. I'm back on track. So, to refresh your memory, I had 10 lbs. to go. I didn't post it (because I had forgotten to) but I had lost roughly 2 pounds of that. Then all hell broke loose in the part of my brain that dealt with self-control and I shot back, causing me to be 11 lbs. from goal as of last Monday.
As I've mentioned before, I know 10 lbs. (+1) doesn't seem like a lot. But these are my last ten pounds on my weight loss journey. They are the hardest 10 lbs. I've ever had to lose. They are clinging to me like nothing I've ever witnessed before. So while it may seem like a measly 10 lbs. to others, for me, it's two to three dress sizes. It's the difference between my body now and my body when I first started dating The Man. The end result of reaching my weight goal is a comfortable size 4 for me. For real.
And I'm happy to report that I've lost a few pounds from my weekend of gluttony and am now 8.5 lbs. away from goal.
I'll take it!
Do I slip up? Most definitely. Hell, I just ate the Godiva Truffles someone at work left for me (I know, bad girl.) But I'm doing my best to not just be lackadaisical. I know what works for me and I need to DO IT.

No comments: