Friday, October 14, 2005

It's time for a change

"SFHulaGirl" will no longer do. Although I've danced for five years, I haven't gone to a class in five months (I'm currently halau-less but I will find a new one!) and I no longer live or work in the city. It was perfect name a couple years ago and is still fine for all my hula yahoo groups, but not good for this little journal of mine.

My first choice was "Firecracker" because it felt right. Taken. "Spitfire" also seemed fitting but I'll be honest. Having "spit" in my name just wasn't appealing. I'm out of ideas. I don't want something too cutesy, sexy, snatchy or dirty. And although I'm quite fond of the word, vaganus, it falls under the "too dirty" category.

I'm throwing it out there now. Got any ideas? Please be kind, clean and simple. But feel free to be creative! If we can't think of anything, I'm keeping "SFHulaGirl." But at this moment in time, my username seems fraudulent.


*I considered "Little Manila" but I might catch some heat for that.

6 comments:

demondoll said...

I like sfhulagirl, it suits you... but we know you love Lulu, so maybe somthing to do w/ it??? xoxo

Veronica said...

Yeah, I like LuLu, although I do have a sister-in-law nicknamed Lou-Lou and well? I will tell you later about her. (many , many stories) hmm..... Let me brain storm...

demondoll said...

BicolanoMama! LionIcePrincess! LOL!Sorry, Sister... MsLips is too funny:D Anyway. Have been mulling. Lost train of thought. Something to do w/ gold? Cuz' you and the Man seem so gold in love and all...you know, when I was in school many moons ago, we called ourselves children of the corn. LuluByTheBay??? (Sorry. I did tell you I was no good at this)

ElleDee said...

Oh goodness MsLips, why don't I just call myself "1stdateBlackWidow"?? Hee hee. (FYI: the rationale behind these nicknames is that I'm HORRIBLE at dating!)
Hmm, this is a lot harder than I expected. I do appreciate the lively imaginations, though!

demondoll said...

WGD says Hayward Homie or Ghetto4Life might be nice. You want I should slap?

ElleDee said...

Slap. Hard.
Who would thought it would be so hard? All right, it will stay SFHulaGirl but I'll put LuLu on the profile.
Thanks ladies!