Friday, October 07, 2005

Miserable & Cable-less

This cough will NOT go away. Monday was a 1/2 work day, went to work Tuesday & Wednesday, another 1/2 day on Thursday and I've just thrown in the towel and stayed home today. Called the Kaiser Care line and evidently NyQuil is NOT the way to go. Now I'm doped up on Robitussin and drinking vitamin water.

Normally, not having cable isn't a big deal. I'm hardly home during the week and, having cable in the past, I know if I did have cable I would watch TV ALL. THE. TIME. So what am I watching right now? "Cheaters." Dang, I thought this show was only on after midnight. It was either that or "The View" and I can't stand their bickering. So yesss, "Cheaters." What a piece of television work. The premise - people suspecting their signficant others are cheating on them call the show, "Cheaters." The show's producers then send their investigators to spy on the suspect and, of course, they air the people that are, in fact, cheating.

Do you know any couple who's been on "Cheaters?" I bet the answer is no. I have a hard time believing that these people are for real and personally think they're actors (much like the folks on Springer.) Maybe it's my optimism but I truly believe the people on this show are actors because it would be a real shame to have real life couples that are this sad and pathetic.

Oh pllleeeeaaase let there be something more interesting to watch for the rest of the day. Or hopefully I'll pass out before being subjected to more crack TV.

PS: Have mercy, I just accidently swallowed my brand new Halls lozenge. I've never "accidently swallowed" anything, not even gum! Ten minutes later ... I can STILL feel it in my throat. Criminy. I'm a mess.

4 comments:

Huw said...

Never underestimate the sadness or pathetic lows of the human species. That's my tip.

demondoll said...

Oh, Sister. I'm so sorry you're still sick. WGD says take zinc, and lots of it.I'm getting over mine.
You know I have satellite, and I don't watch tv. I bet you could resist it! And stay AWAY from soap operas, Jerry Springer, and Cheaters. Get cable and watch DIY or HGTV on your 2 minutes of free time or when sick (poor baby!). Love you!

ElleDee said...

OK, Kaiser Helpline was of no help. Still coughing up my lung. I will make an appt to see a doc and will hopefully get a prescription for cough syrup laced w/ codeine (as unofficially prescribed by Nurse MsLips.) I NEED my sleep!!!!!
PS Karaway: I'm ashamed to say I'm on dialup and cannot view the video. But I don't doubt the host stabbing-people get TICKED OFF.

demondoll said...

Sister, are you better yet? My cough is lingering, but nothing akin to what yours sounds like... Let me know what the Dr. thinks. Are you going to get the flu shot? I love you, hope you are better soon.

For heaven's sake, get cable or DSL. At least one! I may not watch my tv much, but it's there for me- like a friend for when I'm... oh, I don't know... ill.