Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Vegas on business

So, the J.O.B. is sending me to Las Vegas for a conference next month. My colleagues are soooo excited and really looking forward to it. Me, not so much.

My first experience was with an ex's family and we mainly babysat his cousins. The second time was after graduation with a bunch of 20-somethings. That was more fun but I was out of my league. Those kids could PARTY. Now, I can party too (I know, y'all have stories) but not for four days in a row. Plus, we got conned. I don't remember the name of the one club we patroned. What I do remember is this: these really pretty girls were passing out free passes to this club. All the guys in my group flocked around these two girls and flirted a bit. Wink, wink, flirt, flirt, and a hint of boob. The guys ate it up and took the free passes from the girls. The nine or ten of us waited in line for nearly an hour to get into the club. When we got to the front, the bouncer said that these passes were for Wednesdays only (it was Saturday.) We were embarassed and tired of waiting in line. After a short discussion, we each paid the $25 cover. I'm still a bit ticked off.

I've been to Las Vegas twice and have yet to be impressed. My friend, Casey, argues that I just haven't been with the right people or at the right places. So let's have it folks. Where does a gal go to have fun and drink pretty yet strong cocktails? Let me be clear, I'd rather not go to strip clubs or any other skanky places- I'm in a relationship but, more importantly, I have to hang with my bosses and I'd like to avoid any postpartying awkward moments with them.

Tell me, what's so great about Las Vegas? (and if possible, give directions. I'm staying at the Luxor;)

6 comments:

demondoll said...

Go see a show, if someone can sport the tix. I hear "O" is good, by the same people who do Cirque de Soleil. I just got an issue of Sunset mag, and it has an article about LV. Call me, and I'll forward it to you... xoxoxo!

demondoll said...

You changed the color again.?

Unknown said...

I dig the Luxor - I stayed there during my birthday trip, and have stayed there before.

Each hotel has a huge pool and great spas. And restaurants. You don't even have to go clubbing - Vegas has way more than partying and gambling.

demondoll said...

Excuse me, miss? New fost, flease!

Veronica said...

Vegas...That sounds like so much fun. We went a couple of years ago...did the club thing, with Albert...it was fun...but a show sounds much better.

Anonymous said...

Nine Fine Irishmen at New York New York is really fun. Big old Irish pub with great music and chick who dances on the tables.

Caramel at Bellagio is a great "lounge" as is V at Venetian.