Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Funny Moment(s) #5

My work started a knitting club to help us become more community-oriented. (Yes, I had a hand in it's inception and no, you didn't read my profile wrong. I am not 72 but, in fact, truly 27.) Whatever. I really like to knit and would like to be better. Don't make me kick your a$s.

Tonight, we were a mix of coworkers and clients. We were so diverse in ages! I did the introductions and found out that our youngest member was 8 years old but I didn't dare ask who was the oldest ;) Anyhoo, remember Maria and Suzy? (Click here to refresh your memory.) That's right, they joined the knitting group too. I'm sure you understand that no good can come out of our mouths when the three of us are together.

In the midst of respectable older ladies and far far away from our little youngster, we were muttering inappropriate things to each other.

Suzy, learning how to knit for the very first time: "I'm knitting a muff muppet."

Me, who forgot all her stuff at home and borrowed Maria's needles and red yarn: "I'm knitting you a tampon cozy."


Maria, always quick in response: "For the new or bloody ones?"

But my favorite moment? When Suzy found out that not only did I NOT have cable but I was barbaric enough to still use dial-up. Suzy screeched,
"Are you kidding me?! My kids eat Top Ramen so I can have Comcast!"

Funny $hit, man. I love my coworkers.

9 comments:

~A4O~ said...

I like your post and keep blogging...

When you get a chance you should visit my blog at www.fabelstales.blogspot.com/
If you like what you hear, see and read, feel free to link my site to your blog ( No profanity or offensive literature will ever be posted on my blog.)

I have over 32 poems, some in audio, awesome illustrations and pictures to help capture your eye. Don't be affraid to scroll down near the bottom of the page. You'll find your horoscope and a "Today in History" for your viewing pleasure. You'll also find some of my favorite pieces of work, like the poem "Words" and "No Evil."

I hope you enjoy and please come back soon. Thanks and have a good one, Mike. A.K.A-The Scribe-

Couch potato said...

yeah I can't believe you won't splurge on Comcast. I am so in love with it if I had children I would feed them top ramen too just to keep my fab comcast

Veronica said...

We benefit from her splurge :)~

So, who is that "the scribe" Do you know him?
He's nice on the eyes. ;) uh, oh...I'll be quiet now.

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

Yeah that's pretty funny! Am I the only one on the planet who eats Top Ramen because I like it? Cook it up with some egg... Mmmm!

Anyway cuz, Comcast internet is expensive, and even more so if you don't already have cable TV. If you already have a phone line, you can probably get DSL. It's a bit cheaper than cable internet. Overall it's not as fast as cable internet, but the difference isn't very noticeable. Still faster than dial-up. Plus the added bonus of no annoying modem noises!

Btw, these are just my geeky opinions. No, I'm not affliated with any DSL companies...

ElleDee said...

I have never heard of The Scribe. I checked out his blog and I find it hard to believe that someone who is that deep reads about tampon cozies and vaganuses. Wonder if it was a spam comment. hm.
I have to tell y'all that Suzy is an EXCELLENT mom and actually is in charge of a preschool co-op in addition to working with chillen where we both work. I didn't want to paint a bad picture of her. She's just HEYYYYYYLLLLA (not just "hella" but "HEYLA") funny.

demondoll said...

Cuz, keep bringing your comments- if it's geeky, it's bound to be helpful! I used to eat Ramen, but only because I was po' and dirrty. I'd put an egg in it for protein and zap away.
The heck w/ tv. Today, I'd send my child to public school full time K just to get some peace and quiet.

I suspect Scribe is phishing...

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

I can just see it now... I'm going to be asked to help Lulu out with setting up her DSL and maybe, just maybe, a wireless network. Be sure to give me enough advance notice, Cuz!

ElleDee said...

Unless the DSL fairy visits me and I suddenly have a wireless network, I'm going to go with "fat chance" ;)

demondoll said...

Hey, how is the knitting club working? Did you hear about the snatch who claims she owns trademark bitch-n-stitch? Very silly. Anyway, did you get any helpful hints you want to share?