Friday, June 16, 2006

Is Britney the new Whitney?

I know, why should I give a hoot? But I do. I read People magazine and am shamelessly up on current celebrity events.

I caught the Britney/Matt Lauer interview and thought, "What the hell happened?" I don't mean the weight gain because that's no biggie. (Remember how cute Britney was with her sausage curls when she was pregnant the first time?) But oh man.

Pregnant and former pregnant ladies: I thought you weren't supposed to color your hair with a bun in the oven. Am I mistaken? The Brit-Brit was so ... frosty. I miss her dark hair with blonde highlights. There she was, completely bleach blond. With thick kohl eyeliner and frosty pastel eyeshadow. And the short skirt. And platform shoes. And the push up bra paired with a too low shirt. I was taken aback.

Three years ago, she was on top of the world. She was beautiful, had a killer figure and could do no wrong. She could dance, sing (I think) and was just an awesome entertainer. Admittedly, I was envious because how unfair is it that she had a beautiful face, a perfect body, was funny and filthy rich? But no matter what, the girl can make a good dance song. So I like her. Especially when she and Justin broke up. She laid low and gave me a chance to miss her and her catchy jive music.

Now ... she's still super duper rich but she smacks of the Whitney/Bobbi syndrome. I know I don't have to explain myself. Just think about it. Except, of course, Bobbi had a little bit of money and a shred of talent.


I hope she make a comeback. But it ain't looking good :(

7 comments:

demondoll said...

Look at that poor girl. I know, she's rich and all- but she can't be happy. She looks like life just hit her upside her head.

ElleDee said...

I think she's just become so famous that she doesn't listen to the people that make her look good (i.e. publicist, wardrobe, make up) Or they're too scared too persuade her so she probably just has Yes Men.
Dang.

ElleDee said...

Humph. I forgot about the hot pink bra. You're right about her drawing attention to herself. What's that old saying? "You make your own bed ..." something something.
Hush now about Fresno people! The Man is from the outskirts ;) Mr. Federline gives them a bad name, I say.

Veronica said...

No...there is trash in ALL cities!! Leave FresNO alone. We country...I don't know where the hell he came

Veronica said...

from.

Anonymous said...

By the way, the hair dye thing is really a myth. Also, dye and bleach aren't the same thing -- you can bleach your hair all you want when pregnant.

(Pregnancy myths drive me insane)

ElleDee said...

I had no idea people were commenting on this! My bad :)

Pooks, no worries, we know that peeps from the Central Vally are not neccessarily represented by Mr. Spears.

XT, thank you for clearing that myth. I would think that bleaching is worse. Guess not! Why do so many gals grow out their roots when they're pregnant, though? Just wondering ;)