Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Man is a-movin' in

The Man brought over some of his shi.. stuff today.

I thought I could handle it with a smile. I thought I would be a nice person. After all, I want him to move in.

But it was hot. And I had just vaccuumed earlier. And his boxes were heavy and dusty. And there were more than I expected.

Thankfully, The Man has a good sense of humor. And was in a good mood. He saw my stink-eye and pretended not to notice. Then when it got stinkier, he exclaimed with only a hint of sarcasm, "Somebody needs a hug!" And gave me a big ol' dust-filled hug.

It's only just some of his stuff. He still has his clothes. And furniture.


So we put a little over here ...








And here ...









And then some of it in the garage ...








And I've been promised that there's plenty more to come.

Let's evalaute: I'm the youngest of three but I've had my own room since I was a toddler. I shared a room for two years in college and learned to share a teeny tiny space with a stranger.

But it appears I've unlearned all of that when I moved into a house by myself.

It will be OK. I know it will be OK. The Man's great, he's been a part-time roommate and we're just readjusting. (Are you thinking about the bathrooms and the dishes? Because I am.) No seriously, I know it's going to be so much fun and a great turning point in our relationship. I think I'm just a little out of sorts seeing not-my-stuff strewn around the house.

One of the bonuses to his stuff moving in on my (soon-to-be "our") territory is that I have a nice stereo surround sound system for my TV.











Well, it's actually his TV. But now it's "ours" right?

Sweet.

7 comments:

demondoll said...

I fell you, Sister! You know how I was going to kill WGD the 1st week after he moved in... it was just strange to be "surrounded" by all his stuff in what used to be my home.

demondoll said...

My cat is cleaner than SnaggleTooth.

G-Unit is tidy, at least from what I've seen of his garage workarea. I know he has to get mucky sometimes, but that cast iron sink is mighty handy- hot water tap!

Auntie Sassy said...

Well, technically, all of his stuff is now "yours"...but the reverse is also true.
You just wait until the first time you see your nice new tephlon pan in the sink (because why waste time washing it when you know someone else will?) with stuck-on eggs and the FORK used to make the eggs still resting in the scratch marks it created during the process.

Then, my dear, you will understand what it means to test your love.

ElleDee said...

MsLips - it's on the DL. Besides being on the world wide web.

Sister - my DOG was cleaner than the last one. And sometimes Chewy would have poop stuck on his bum fur.

Sassy - Oh dear. I can only imagine. Bless his heart. He was NOT pleased when I forgot to put away one of his tools, though :) Hey! It was safe in my clean house. It's not like I left it out in the rain!!!

Veronica said...

yeah...

demondoll said...

Any more stuff come in?

ElleDee said...

Oh yes, Sister, oh yes.